Fever hits germany

GoldenMotor.com

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Hi folks,

I am Axel from North-Germany and I bought the motorkit from xbay, first put it in my daily driver, but decided it is not the right bike. Inspired by many historic bikes and pics from this forum I grabbed my old beachcruiser and ripped it apart. The result is shown in the pics.
You are welcome to let me know your thoughts about my project- still working on it...

Yours, Axel

Attachments

Last edited:

culvercityclassic

Sep 27, 2009
Culver City, Ca
Axel,

Nice bike, you did a great job on it. You are a true craftsman. You have plans to paint it? I am such a fan of the raw look plus it easy to take care of.

Keep us posted on the progress.

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
Axel,

Nice bike, you did a great job on it. You are a true craftsman. You have plans to paint it? I am such a fan of the raw look plus it easy to take care of.

Keep us posted on the progress.

Thanks, guys

Yep, color choice is a dark grey at the moment, but not sure. Put some filler on this afternoon and checked the grey paint with the rear fender, still looks like filler :-( too cold already, paint lost its gloss. Gonna try it with a heated garage next days. Will keep you updated

buhz

Mar 16, 2011
clearwater fl.
nice bike are you going to use a jack shaft or a sprocket on the left? if a regular sprocket how do you mount it? also what is that behind door # 1 a lotus ? I had one of the greatest sports cars to ever leave germany the OPEL GT HaHaHAhAhA ha ha s were on me I bought one in 78. the standard position was hood up,not much diff. from a china girl. looks like you know how to build , do yourself a favor if you can go morini. in 79 I spent a month in germany my parents were from dusseldorf and wuppertal came to amerika in 54. sacksenhousen was my favorite place berlin was ok but being from n.y. I have seen that way of living a thousand times.one other question being I just went to court in fl. because of unclear statutes. what is the law in germany on gas powerd bicycles ? if you could answer this under the laws&leg. section.thanks Bob Buchholz WIEDERSEHEN

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Das ist super build, Axel and welcome to the forum!

We need more members like yourself, why I just like to see members with the desire to build anything be it a Walmart Cruiser Bicycle or even better a completely custom build such as your vintage style motofahrrad!

Please start a build thread in the Vintage & Board Track Racers thread and please do share more pictures of your custom build.

By the way there is a guy in Deutchland selling the Velor Timeshifter ( Boardtracker ) on ebay.de if you could please check and see if he'll ship to USA he has 2- Velor Timeshifter Boardtrackers for sell let us know, and welcome to the Motorbicycling.com forum!

Peace Crazy Horse.
P.S. Are you close to Bremen? That is where my mother and grandparents are from. bis spater schuss!

Hi folks,

I am Axel from North-Germany and I bought the motorkit from xbay, first put it in my daily driver, but decided it is not the right bike. Inspired by many historic bikes and pics from this forum I grabbed my old beachcruiser and ripped it apart. The result is shown in the pics.
You are welcome to let me know your thoughts about my project- still working on it...

Yours, Axel

axelkloehn

Sep 22, 2011
Germany
nice bike are you going to use a jack shaft or a sprocket on the left? if a regular sprocket how do you mount it? also what is that behind door # 1 a lotus ? I had one of the greatest sports cars to ever leave germany the OPEL GT HaHaHAhAhA ha ha s were on me I bought one in 78. the standard position was hood up,not much diff. from a china girl. looks like you know how to build , do yourself a favor if you can go morini. in 79 I spent a month in germany my parents were from dusseldorf and wuppertal came to amerika in 54. sacksenhousen was my favorite place berlin was ok but being from n.y. I have seen that way of living a thousand times.one other question being I just went to court in fl. because of unclear statutes. what is the law in germany on gas powerd bicycles ? if you could answer this under the laws&leg. section.thanks Bob Buchholz WIEDERSEHEN
Hi Bob, a sprocket, no idea how I will mount it. Will find out this weekend. What do you mean with Morini? Engine? I had a GT as well, bought it 1981 and crashed it a year later. Behind that door is a (yellow, not red) italian sportscar, built in 1977 ;-)
Btw: there is almost no chance to get them registered here, I just build it for the fun of building it ...

Last edited:

Jumpa

Aug 12, 2011
Cape Cod
Hi folks,

Yours, Axel
Some cool looking bikes