4 Stroke EZM Silentdrive Boardtrack Attempt

GoldenMotor.com

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Hey guys,
Started up a new build, A 4 Stroke, HF 79CC, EZM Silentdrive (like a Q-Matic), On a full suspension vintage boardtrack style bike.

I ordered the silent drive from azbill, and got it yesterday. This weekend i am going to Harbor Freight for the motor.

The Plan:

Last edited:

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
sounds like a cool project Sam !!! :)
AFAIK,,,you are the first person to use a HF 79cc engine with the SilentDrive (^)
(all others using the HF went with the Q-Matic)

(BTW,,,the EZM manual drive is called the "SilentDrive",,,the "Q-Matic" is the auto;))

Last edited:

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
sounds like a cool project Sam !!! :)
AFAIK,,,you are the first person to use a HF 79cc engine with the SilentDrive (^)
(all others using the HF went with the Q-Matic)

(BTW,,,the EZM manual drive is called the "SilentDrive",,,the "Q-Matic" is the auto;))
Ooops my bad.

Tomorrow im going to HF to get the engine!

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Is the 79cc engine that is being talked about here the 2.5 HP greyhound OHV engine HF sells for around $100?

I looked at them a couple days ago and was thinking about how they might work on a bike, bought one of the 6.5HP engines to put on one of my rotor tillers and I got it put on today, it runs great and starts with first pull almost everytime, it may be a Honda clone but it seems to be a well built engine.

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Is the 79cc engine that is being talked about here the 2.5 HP greyhound OHV engine HF sells for around $100?

I looked at them a couple days ago and was thinking about how they might work on a bike, bought one of the 6.5HP engines to put on one of my rotor tillers and I got it put on today, it runs great and starts with first pull almost everytime, it may be a Honda clone but it seems to be a well built engine.
Yes it is, and it is a great engine. IF you buy it, be sure to find the 20 percent off coupon, that puts the total price around 80 dollars. any more question, feel free to ask

Sam

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Today I worked on the engine. I took off the tank to work on the throttle.

Right now I'm having trouble w/ the clutch on the silentdrive. My cable is to short so it wont hold!

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Quenton,

I haven't been able to figure a throttle setup. Nothing new really.
I want to get my frame welded and setup then do the rest.

Looking at my desgin, do you think the frame will hold up if properly welded?

Sam

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Great new updates!

First,before pics, thanks to bairdco for kindly giving me two good twist throttle setups, Thanks again baird!

Now..for pics

Clutch Cover

Progress!

Banana Seat!

Not sure if I like the huge sissy bar..might change

Mac

Dec 3, 2009
Maine
weekend-fun,
Thinking about the HF for my next project, man, looking at your new project, all I can say is my teeth hurt, too old to ride with handle bars like that!! more power to ya.

Mac

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
wow, that doodle turned into a nice bike :) looking awesome. for the bars, maybe try some inverted mtb bars, they're pretty low slung and mean looking.

Did you get your clutch cable figured out yet?

weekend-fun

Jun 21, 2009
San Carlos CA
Wow, its been awhile!

I think my clutch is going to work, not sure yet.

But anyways, I have a question.
What thread does the HF side mounting holes use? I have got two differnt sizes, one will fit in the engine, but not through the SilentDrive.
Any suggestions?

Sam

Hi weekend-fun,

I would suspect the mounting holes in the side of the HF motor are 8 MM. The stock mounting holes on the Silent drive are 6 MM or 1/4". You will need to drill new holes in the mounting plate as they neither match the pattern or size. It is important to make sure the hole for the crankshaft is centered to keep the distance the same to insure the clutch will operate correctly. I would mount the motor, then determine the location of the new holes to make sure everything clears the various parts of the motor before drilling.

Have fun,