I Hate the 2 stroke smell!

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
We Opti-2 users don't worry about it...what smell there is doesn't smell like an outboard. If you really want a great smell try a little castor blend. There's nothing like the smell of a Castor oil fueled 2 stroke.
Tom

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
o_O

2 strokes, much like the smell of old canvas - only brings back memories of good times had fer me *shrug*

I wanna go camping... but it's freakin' cold out.

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Amsoil Saber is essentially smokeless. (I can hook you up)

I use a little castor oil and really, really love that smell.

I have used vanilla flavor additive.....every time I ride, I get hungry. Now I'm fat.

WayneC

Aug 2, 2009
Clearwater, FL
Pablo,
Speak more of the use of Castor oil. Are we talking about the same stuff you get at the
pharmacy or such places? Or is there 'engine grade' oil at the auto parts store? How much to use? Does it gum up the works? Etc., etc., etc.
WC

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
No definitely NOT pharmacy grade.

The only place I know to buy it, is online. Sig brand.

I would never use more than an ounce per gallon MIXED with a good synthetic oil.

No it does NOT gum up the works at all if you keep the ratio low and mix with a good oil. I sometimes use 3 ounces of Dominator and 1 ounce castor per gallon for 32:1 overall, or 4 ounces of Dominator, 1 ounce castor...for 26:1, that sort of thing.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Pablo,
Speak more of the use of Castor oil. Are we talking about the same stuff you get at the
pharmacy or such places? Or is there 'engine grade' oil at the auto parts store? How much to use? Does it gum up the works? Etc., etc., etc.
WC
If you have a good hobby shop near you, especially one that specializes in model airplanes, they should carry Castor oil compatible with fuel. Don't buy model airplane fuel with Castor, just the oil. As Pablo said, Sig, is one of the major suppliers and a popular brand with the model airplane folks.
Tom

darrick

Nov 14, 2009
South Texas
Amsoil Saber is essentially smokeless. (I can hook you up)

I use a little castor oil and really, really love that smell.

I have used vanilla flavor additive.....every time I ride, I get hungry. Now I'm fat.
What preforms better- Amsoil Saber or Dominator? I want some Seabiscuts in my bike.
what does the castor oil do?

where do you get your flavor addatives?

toker_ace

Oct 15, 2008
alabama
try opti-2 I buy the little packs and mix it with 1.2 gallons of gas. Thats about 100:1 Actually smells pretty good.