starting a trike truck project

GoldenMotor.com

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Getting ready to begin on this simplex truck project...end result should be along the lines of this one pictured. So far the frames are here and forks and one tank....the back has to be tabbed up and put on just behind the seat.
Wish us luck!.trk

Attachments

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Yup.....and if this tablet would cooperate I'd have some pics on of what we are starting with.... Tommorow I will

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Signing on to follow this, do you have a truck frame or are you planning on adding one to a cycle like Rick did.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Signing on to follow this, do you have a truck frame or are you planning on adding one to a cycle like Rick did.
We have three frames ....all bikes not trucks....are copying what he did ...making two eventually..... Maybe use the whizzer engine if I wanna fab up a kick start.
the frame back shouldnt be hard to make...hardest part is finding someone to bend 1" tubing 90degrees properly without crushing....I think the race car shop up the road will be able to help with that though. Theres only 6 bends to be made if you look careful at one.

Last edited:

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I think you builders are gonna like the color in the end too....little hint....surfing

RicksRides

Feb 22, 2012
osceola IN
Ive been looking for another simplex frame wanna sell one? shipping would probably be nuts. Oughta be pretty simple to convert on into a truck. I'll be watching this as well.

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
There's one near you by Chicago... Frames aren't a lot really but its hard to find a tank. There is one guy not too far from here in ct also with a few frames ...my friend Ken does the 3 car hauler thing around the country so we try to avoid shipping fees that way when we can. I'll message you if I think he's passing you in indiana... What city? Oh I see now...Osceola

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
I hadn't heard of the Simplex Servicycle before I saw your thread Racie. I've just spent the past half an hour learning more about them on the internet and I'm glad i did. What a delightful little motorcycle they are (or were).
I knew about them but have had Whizzers...now I'm focused on these and yes...they are cool little bikes....often over looked

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa
Mainly been gathering a bunch of parts...soon we will get in the shop and fab up two frames...after that its all downhill !! Getting the tubing bent locally is a pain...its actually easier to buy a bender and keep it around for future projects.