First Look-Jims new engine

GoldenMotor.com

Walter F.

Jun 4, 2008
Connecticut
OK gang look under the "Troubleshooting Forum"/"Clutch won't disengage..." for a peek at Jims new engine. Check out that cylinder head. That little bad boy is going to be "killer". Can't wait to get mine! Walter F.

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
The "making" of this engine is fairly routine. High tolerance assemblies are second nature for me. I'm no novice when it comes to engine technology. The amount of time that was required to source all of the best shelf components, (based on the design changes), has been monumental.

As you all have surmised...I am finished with the design work.

I need to take pics of the existing engine components, and do the text for why my engines will be better. I.E...every flaw has been addressed.

At the time this info is posted, there will be a one week window for final pre-paid orders.

Most people know I'm going to be making these, what they don't know is that they are not going to be stocked! They will be made in batches of no less than 20. I already have 20 orders, so they are going to be made!

Most people want instant gratification, in that they can order a product and have it show up immediately.

The next batch of engines will wait until there are 20 orders...unless a few would like to pay $600.00 to have it now!

It's just the nature of things in the shop...volume keeps the prices in check. One-off's are expensive.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
So JIM - will the external case dimensions and cover bolt holes be in the same place? I'm thinking in terms of mounting a shifter kit.
Pablo,

Yes...after looking through the shifter kit installation manual, it will actually be easier to install a shifter kit on my engine. Steps 4&5 will be eliminated.

The hole locations on the Magneto side have been kept the same also so that a pull starter will still work.

Jim

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
Jim did I miss the info on the cost to the customer of each unit , including shipping ? I am all about american made and would like to possibly order up as soon as I can get a price . Very nice work by the way .

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Jim did I miss the info on the cost to the customer of each unit , including shipping ? I am all about american made and would like to possibly order up as soon as I can get a price . Very nice work by the way .
I haven't started a thread yet that covers all of the details. It took quite a bit of time to refine the design so that I can use the best off-the-shelf items.

The engines will be $375, with a core program that will allow money back for an existing engine. The core rate will be based on the condition of the core.

The design is finished, I just need to set-up an engine page on my site with photos of an existing engine disassembled, and the CAD renderings for reference, so that everyone will know what is going to be changed.

Jim