New Here

GoldenMotor.com

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Greetings!

I have been lurking this website for a few months now, but I decided to join after building my first bike which I fitted with a Chinese 2 stroke.

So hello! I'm in the Baton Rouge area!

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Welcome, I wish I would have found this forum before I built my first bike, that would have saved me many problems. If you need to search for answers use the custom search box near the top of the page, you can find a lot of info that way.

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Here's a picture!

It's given me so much trouble, but it's been a learning experience. Such as, you get what you pay for, and these 2 strokes require a ton of maintenance and they vibrate a lot. Had a few bolts break, stuff fall off. I've driven it about 300 miles so far and I've since reinforced the back tire, replaced and repaired the brakes (it was a junker I put this motor on) I've added so many lights... This thing is visible from space now.

I'll have to give a few updated pictures later.

Attachments

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome!!

After a period of time and you've finally got everything dialed in, you may find that you're wishing that the bike needs a little more attention............for me, that's half the fun of these machines.

Good luck!

oceanotter

Aug 22, 2015
Louisiana
Howdy & welcome!!

After a period of time and you've finally got everything dialed in, you may find that you're wishing that the bike needs a little more attention............for me, that's half the fun of these machines.

Good luck!
Yeah I would be lying if I said I didn't enjoy working on these bikes. Not every single day mind you, but I do like working on them and coming up with ways to make them better.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
But just think of all you're learning!

Seriously, we welcome you to the forum. There is a world of knowledge and experience here to help if you ask for it. Any aspect of motorized bicycles has probebaly been covered here by the members so you can be assured of assistance based on that experience.

Have fun and please, ride safe.

Tom