stupid old people (again)

GoldenMotor.com

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
got a bunch o' parts in a couple weeks ago & noted that my container of standard brackets was now too full - took all the muffler brackets out & put them separate - been looking for them over 4 hours so far today & not remembering where else to look : (

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
First time I forgot our anniversary. Been married to Char for 27 years and never forgot it once...until this year. She hasn't let me forget and that was the 25th of July.
We went out for dinner. She toasted me with her glass of wine and said, "Happy anniversary". How small do you think I felt?

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Tom my wife and I will be married 37 years on the 12 th of August, when we vowed to grow old together looks like it was for real. Until about six years ago when she took a job that required late afternoon hours I never cooked , now since I get home before her I cook four nights a week. Thursday or Friday is a date night for us so we go out .

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Tom my wife and I will be married 37 years on the 12 th of August, when we vowed to grow old together looks like it was for real. Until about six years ago when she took a job that required late afternoon hours I never cooked , now since I get home before her I cook four nights a week. Thursday or Friday is a date night for us so we go out .
Probably the perfect arrangement, Greg. I envy you.
I'm retired and Char still works. She does three or four days a week while I stay home. I've never been much of a cook unless it can be done on the grill. She's not overly fond of charcoal cooked food so I have to be creative and occasionally surprise her with something. We meet for dinner at least two nights a week at different resturants. That helps but every now and then I'll get take-out from someplace that she likes and have it waiting when she gets home.

I really wish I could get into cooking. It might be fun if I did. I even watch the 'Food Channel' occasionally for ideas but I've never mastered the art. You guys who can prepare a meal have my deepest admiration.

Tom

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I like to call those things 'Senior Moments' opposed to Stupid Old People...
I know stupid young people (kick one out of house for good as I type), stupid middle aged people, but not many stupid people make it to old age on their own, natural selection and all.

Like you guys we all have our moments this late in life and that's why I try to keep a place for everything and everything in it's place.

That works for me until someone else puts something I use where it don't belong, then I am like a lost puppy on a freeway.
OK, not really, but you get the idea.

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
2 more hours looking - found 8 big packs of kit h/w that were still sealed & didn't remember having (not the bags with muffler hangers tho) - gave up & made one

hoping now that I got interrupted before I could put them away and they're lying under something somewhere where I set them down for a min. - that's a more comforting thought than totally losing it

curtisfox

Dec 29, 2008
minesota
I retired in 2000 and she worked untill 3 years ago did all the suppers,still do sunday brunch. Tom not hard once you get into it sortt of like painting a bike, a little prep and shoot it in the pan. Just passed 52 years a long haul. I have forgot a couple times dozen roses will take care of that................Curt

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
What does a divorce and a hurricane in Oklahoma have in common?
Either way someone is going to loose a trailer home.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
What does a divorce and a hurricane in Oklahoma have in common?
Either way someone is going to loose a trailer home.
Reminds me of 'Mater' in 'Cars'.

"I'm having more fun than a tornado in a trailer park".

(No offense to anyone living in a mobile home. Spent a portion of my early days in one) :)

Tom

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Guys I look at the mobile home thing this way, if someone is happy and enjoys where they live then the type of structure really doesn't matter. I remember the Saturday before my dad passed away from a heart attack we all got together because it was my birthday, he my step mom and little brother lived in a mobile home on a community lake. All the homes around the lake were small, in the 800 to 900 sq. ft. They had a screened in porch that went almost all the way across the back, you could sit there and watch the sun go down across the lake. He loved to fish so he was very happy there. One of the things I remember the most of that day, May 21 1983 was what he said," I have everything I want or that means anything to me right here right now" he also said he wouldn't trade that place for any other. He passed away Monday morning.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Reminds me of 'Mater' in 'Cars'.
"I'm having more fun than a tornado in a trailer park".
(No offense to anyone living in a mobile home. Spent a portion of my early days in one) :)
Tom
It reminds me of the movie 'Enemy Mine' set in the future and a human and alien fighting in space but both crash land on a deserted planet.

Anyway the jest for this was the the alien lived in a cave and the human lived in a mobile home.
As he tried to explain what a mobile cave that never moved was too funny.

Affordable housing is tough and I understand that, what I can't understand is why someone choose to rebuild and stay in a place that gets hammered every couple of years.

Ignorance is simply not knowing the facts, Stupid is repeating the same mistake again and again expecting a different outcome.

Those be words to live by.

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
I have everything I want or that means anything to me right here right now" he also said he wouldn't trade that place for any other. He passed away Monday morning.
Rest In peace Greg's dad, my pop's passed late last year at 80 so I know the feeling.

Doubtful I'll ever see 80 but 67 for S.S. would be nice, even if it's only for a couple of years.

tooljunkie

Apr 4, 2012
Manitoba,Canada
Just turned 50 in june.
Had a few odds and ends on the table i was taking out to the garage- a sharpener for carpenter pencils was one thing in particular i wanted.
Got to garage and couldn't find the small zip lock of stuff. I searched everywhere.
A week later, in jacket pocket. Go figure.

My son is notorious for taking tools.
I pull my hair out - thinking im losing it.
Then he walks in with it.

And last bu not least, ever forget what you went looking for?

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Just turned 50 in june.
Mid 50's next week here.
Had a few odds and ends on the table i was taking out to the garage- a sharpener for carpenter pencils was one thing in particular i wanted.
Got to garage and couldn't find the small zip lock of stuff. I searched everywhere.
A week later, in jacket pocket. Go figure.
Been there, done that but not often as I seldom have need for a jacket.

My son is notorious for taking tools.
I pull my hair out - thinking im losing it.
Then he walks in with it.
At least your son walks in with the missing tool.
I just gave my adult son the boot with a talk about 'growing up and getting a job' and a yet another box of my spare Primitive Pete tools and told him if he needs another go to the hardware store and buy it as my tools are off limits to him.

And last but not least, ever forget what you went looking for?
Constantly ;-}

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Had trouble logging in today.
User name? Ahhhh, what was that user name again? I walked out to the garage and saw my '2 door sedan'. 2DOOR! Right, that's it!
Thank goodness I haven't sold that thing yet. I'd never get back on the forum.

Tom