First time Californian

GoldenMotor.com

jdixon42

Aug 5, 2013
Fremont, California
Hey, I'm new to the world of Motorized bikes and have a few questions. First off I just finished my build about a week ago and its been running fine, with the exception of the few "minor issues".It took about 4 hours to build and the next day for tuning. For me the hardest part of my build was getting it to start. OK now to the questions, Do I need a license to drive a motorized bike? I know one might say "just get the damn licence" but it is easier said than done if you are under 18-21. First off you need to take a safety course which costs about $200-$300 where i'm at which is almost twice the cost of my bike :O. Also, cops don't really seem to care that much ( but I usually kill the engine when near them just in case). By the way, How do you get a plate for your motorized bike?
I also tried to put on a half link but the pin was too wide because of the cotter pin. I might try one w/ a regular pin. And another thing, motorized bike kits are a lot harder to get due to CARB Regulations. I was lucky to get one for $165 off of craigslist brand new.

Ok so here are some things/bugs i would like to share about my motorized bike:
Factory tight clutch- this is if your clutch does not disengage letting you ride the bike normally/start the bike. I found this video being very helpful http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zAp8h9WRXwI

Clutch cable- The cable that comes with the kit is complete garbage. I recommend getting a set of replacement brake cables from Walmart for like 6 bucks.

Spark Plug Cable- I haven't done this yet but im going to replace the spark plug because the stock one messes with my speedometer and turning signals which I need.

This site has helped me a lot in my build and I am just returning the favor
Alright Thank you for reading this and Happy Motorbiking!

Jordan

Btw here's a pic of me & my motorized bike

Wild Bill

Jan 29, 2013
Camarillo So. Cal.
If you just get the license plate(one time $20 fee) and get the motorcycle learners permit you wont have to take the riding test but you will have to take the written test which is easy. But with the learners permit you cant ride at night.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
If you just get the license plate(one time $20 fee) and get the motorcycle learners permit you wont have to take the riding test but you will have to take the written test which is easy. But with the learners permit you cant ride at night.
sorry Bill but that doesn't apply if you are under 21.
You have to take the safety course which could be a life saver.
They teach the skills you need to survive on the streets with 2 wheels.

Best $150? he could spend. ;)