what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Tightened my loose rear brake mechanism and re-installed my rear fender with the stock mounting brackets. Installed new brake pads in the rear, and cruised for about 45 very cold minutes then wiped the road grime and salt off of her and begrudgingly locked her up for the night...hope to get more gas tomorrow....and more miles on my tires

jimmymc2286

Nov 26, 2012
Indiana

I made the exhaust and the intake for my vintage build today. I only need to finish the tank and get my rear sprocket then test ride.

Woo hoo.

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

I took a fall today in the snow...broke my left pedal, loosened my tension wheel, ripped my seat and landed in the only puddle on the street...and I laughed the whole time....duh.

SavageBlunts904

May 9, 2012
Orange Park, Fl

Got my new pedal crank and bottom bracket bearing set with cones. Will have to bend it to make it wide enough, but I'm not sure if I want to use this crank as it looks to be the same length as the old one. I also not sure how easy it will be to bend it even with heat to make it red hot. Can any of you give some idea of how hard they are to bend with heat applied?
I heated up the bend in my crank and bent it out a little to allow clearance very easily. Get it red hot in the bend and put a big wrench around it or big vice grips on it and bend it slowly
Bam let it sit and cool down and ur set. maybe throw some rust paint on the burnt spot after u clean it up a little bit if its black
Chrome just polish up

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia

I took a fall today in the snow...broke my left pedal, loosened my tension wheel, ripped my seat and landed in the only puddle on the street...and I laughed the whole time....duh.
"and I laughed the whole time"
You must have a very cheery disposition on life to be doing that while crashing!
I am sorry to hear that you went down, but I am glad that nothing broke, got loosened or ripped on you personally.

Good luck with the repairs, and ride safe!

Wickedest1

Oct 31, 2012
connecticut

"and I laughed the whole time"
You must have a very cheery disposition on life to be doing that while crashing!
I am sorry to hear that you went down, but I am glad that nothing broke, got loosened or ripped on you personally.

Good luck with the repairs, and ride safe!
Thanks gear...think its time to put the new mountain terrain tires on...and lock tite...as for a cheery disposition id say it was a moment of joy riding in fresh powder in sunny weather that had me laughing...

Last edited:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.

Woh !! nothing from this forum in E-mail for a long time and tonight I just got back from store with my MB and this came up !!! wow !! anyway ya I wiped twice this winter untill i threw on my NOKIAs studded tires . Tonight was a beautifull ride !!! only -2 Celsius 28 below Farhenheit. Glad to hear that you are OK !!!

racie35

Nov 17, 2012
usa

I always wondered how a small set of ski's put on about like training wheels are would work on a bike in the snow...just to grab youu when leaning like they like to in snow

mmmmudd

Dec 31, 2010
california

great times! Snow is just better when ya throw in some carnage!

MEASURE TWICE

Jul 13, 2010
CA

-28F !?!?
I would be loosing my mind in that cold!
And you ride in it.. dayum!
I suspect the minus was for the -2 Celsius value only. -2 Celsius = +28.4 Fahrenheit and that is still cold.

In China I hear lately it’s been like -40 Celsius which equates to strangely also -40 Fahrenheit. It seems that mathematically it is a cross over point, so it does not happen but I think just at that one temperature.

http://www.bloomberg.com/news/2012-...and-heavy-snow-recorded-in-china-s-north.html

http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/celsius-to-fahrenheit.htm

http://www.metric-conversions.org/temperature/fahrenheit-to-celsius.htm

I worked on redoing a rear pulley for my belt drive. This next time since I'm using a regular vee-belt that has next to no stretch I will only pop the belt on the pulley when very loose. I am devising a way to use the drop outs to have it loose and then snug all the way back in the drop outs using turn buckles. Then I tighten the nuts. No more cracking the edge of the pulley. I had an extra washing machine pulley from the trash so it is just labor and time.

MT

Last edited:

Blakenstein

Sep 15, 2009
Alta. Canada.

-28F !?!?
I would be loosing my mind in that cold!
And you ride in it.. dayum!
OOPS SORRY, ...I meant 28 above .. Though last week, I went for a five mile ride in a 22 below fahrenheit wind chill, and that is why I was jumping around and acting like a nutcase...I was just so happy to make it back without freezing up....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XVimY8bOVj4

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.

Rode er' hard and put er' away wet....................................it rained today!

Rode the beastly 212cc today with a bit of a sticky throttle......too much fun!

.wee.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

ive ridden threw subzero weather, these lil motors can be a handful to start when the temps drop to -10 or lower, but once they get running, they run like a top. when the temps drop real low tho, carb icing becomes a problem.

moonerdizzle

Jun 28, 2009
Cheese head capitol

what i did to my bike, well, yesterday, was start plotting out my expansion chamber. going to try to make one out of aluminum sheet from at work. going to have it sleeve onto a steel header and probably seal it with a short chunk of silicone hose and some hose clamps.

Powertool

Jul 8, 2012
Bradford,TN.

I installed some monark forks, and two 26x2.2 tires on my bike today. will post pictures at a later date, the forks are worth every penny . very smooth ride

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Got a couple things done despite the warm 15F weather. Found an awesome budget frame that is badass(review of frame) that looks like this:

So had to get a couple more in the balmy 15F weather:

Have a review on that frame, it was build for motorizing, only $160. Check it out over here.

This has got to be my favorite feature on that bike, left side dropout support, on a stock bike, they're listening... :)

Last edited: