what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

Jax2A

Nov 5, 2010
The LC, Ohio
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

Started sanding rust off an old chrome headlight I picked up. The chrome is pitted pretty bad but I'm thinking of paint the shell the same color as the bike and the bezel black. It was only a quarter, so I can't go wrong. It has a great fluted lense. I took it all apart because I'm going to retro fit it with LED's and I was pleasantly surprised to find it had a horn in the back half. The horn looks to be in perfect shape. I think it will make a nice addition to the cruiser project.

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny

i brought mine inside to silicone the exhaust jimmyrig i made.. hope it holds for once.. also gotta figure out a clutch fix..

going to build that so mine can be quiet...also will post vids on how my new exhaust and extras work until i can finish the wetlockz system ..

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Not much. Just went for a ride and thunked out some ideas. Was chilly

(Carol was laughing to hard 2 take a pic)

Attachments

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Ran my lines for my dual tanks.
Now I'll have the ability to quickly (15 minutes) add a second tank for long expeditions.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA

I brought mine into the basement to warm up before I start pulling her apart.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.

Not much. Just went for a ride and thunked out some ideas. Was chilly

(Carol was laughing to hard 2 take a pic)
That's dressed about right Dan. there is no way to hide from that wind in the cold it's a Killer. Hard to ride and hold onto the bike when shivering over comes normal reflexes.laff

5-7HEAVEN

Aug 2, 2008

Man, it's been raining all day these past few days. Today, it cleared up, so I rode to my workplace three miles away to retrieve my umbrella and papers. I was able to maintain normal speeds. Almost lost it making a left in the intersection, but the gods were with me.

The plug showed rich, so I leaned it out some. My GP460 engine is running very well.

Running low on fuel in my 4-liter Happy Time tank, so I'll ride to Chevron, pour oil in the tank and pump in two quarts. That should last me a while.

Also changed my sparkplug. I SHOULD fix the oil leak on the gearbox.

Last edited:

breno

Aug 19, 2010
Syd. OZ

Fitted up the ugly but practical zorst bracket..
Cleared the hangers of anything that didnt have to be there
took some piccys.
still gotta do the boot n lead but it can wait.

Attachments

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Looked at her 2ce today. Once early AM on my way to work. After work, for about a nano second while grabbing some tools to do some after work, work. Sniff. Was a beautiful day. sniff. Around 40F or so, sunny with very lil wind. sob. Didn't even warm her up.

Sunset said it was gonna be nice again tomorrow. Really have to quit my job. Just gets in the way.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

Long awesome ride! Lost a fender strap bolt. Will be trying losing some cooling fins and blocking vents tomorrow and weld all the many leaks in my pipe. (is so cool to be able to say that. "Ill just weld that up" New welder, me an' the machine)

Springs on fork are compressing. Any one have any input on this? Is a lot and am using longer and longer spacers.

Days are getting longer! May not have to quit working so as to have more ridding time.

Told Carol she will have to ask for a raise at work so as to be able to support me in a style of which I would like to become accustomed to.

Last edited:

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Heh heh, fork springs are supposed to compress aren't they? Oh you mean squashing? take'em out and stretch'em out? Hoo'Ra weld that pipe like a Boss! xD

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california

tuned up the bike i built for my buddy and rode it around for a few hours. rides nice.

when i built it i ripped apart those liquor store LED flashlights and wired the bulbs into the Sturmey Archer Dynohub. those blew out today.

i had some better LED's i was saving for my new bike, so i wired them into his instead. hopefully they keep working. i dunno what a dynohub puts out at 35mph.

he picked up the bike to show it off to his family for christmas. i'm so proud...:)

solokumba

Nov 24, 2010
Florida

Maiden Voyage.
Need to take another .25 off fender. Could hear a little "tap tap" when I slowed down after the chain started to loosen up. Besides that... she rides nice. First build had no suspension, this one does. It's like floating on air. Engine seems to be a winner also. It started right up and seems to have plenty of power right out of the gate. I hope it's a beautiful day tomorrow.... gonna put some serious break in miles on her.
Life is good.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania

LOL Killer. They are, just not sprunging back. Dunno. Gonna go play with em.
Man that welder is fun! Felt guilty for spending 300 bucks right b4 the holidays but man was it worth it! My welds aint pretty but pass the sledge test.

Maiden Voyage.

Life is good.
Nice Solo! It really, really is.

I couldn't believe what a difference suspension makes. Your right.

.flg.