"Firecracker" Pipe

GoldenMotor.com

GearNut

Aug 19, 2009
San Diego, Kaliforgnia
Just remember, the louder these bikes are, the quicker the law enforcers will crack down on them. Soon after that, the local complainers will get a very annoying law passed that could very well ban MB's in your local area due to noise complaints.
Think it won't happen? It's happening right now in the auto tuner and motorcycle realms as we speak.

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Just remember, the louder these bikes are, the quicker the law enforcers will crack down on them. Soon after that, the local complainers will get a very annoying law passed that could very well ban MB's in your local area due to noise complaints.
Think it won't happen? It's happening right now in the auto tuner and motorcycle realms as we speak.
Yes, This is true for some parts of the country and I Thank You for bringing the issue up. I live in the sticks so its not that big of an issue for me. I put this pipe together just to see what it would do, otherwise it was going in the trash can and I didn't want to waste the opportunity to see what would happen with a shorter stock pipe. On the contrary the argument that "...loud pipes save lives..." is still prevalent in motorcycle realms. So I can see both sides of the issue. I would suggest that all MB riders use considerate discretion in regards to the amount of noise the engine produces.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Thousands of tuner cars and loud obnoxious sport bikes and Harleys are not quite the same as a couple of nerds riding around on loud weed wacker sounding bicycles with engines.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Also, loud pipes (motorcycle) don't save lives, they piss off everbody but the guy who's riding the "look at me" bike.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
Another counter to the "loud pipes save lives" argument is basic human nature - to drift towards what catches your attention, also neglecting to notice what else is around you as you do so.

I dunno how many times some random car endangered me and all those around me just 'cause they were starin' at my bike instead of paying attention to their driving (and my bike is as quiet as you can make these things) - this is completely at odds with the commonly held opinion that bikes are dangerous because they're "invisible" - while there's some truth to that, I'm far, far happier "unseen" and left to my own devices than the center of attention as they neglect to notice the car pulling out in front of them, drifting towards me - or even drifting into the oncoming traffic.

It happens to me alla time grrr "Don't lookit ME - lookit the bedanged ROAD you tool!!!"

Last edited:

Down_South

Aug 28, 2008
North Carolina
Also, loud pipes (motorcycle) don't save lives, they piss off everbody but the guy who's riding the "look at me" bike.
Another counter to the "loud pipes save lives" argument is basic human nature - to drift towards what catches your attention, also neglecting to notice what else is around you as you do so.

I dunno how many times some random car endangered me and all those around me just 'cause they were starin' at my bike instead of paying attention to their driving (and my bike is as quiet as you can make these things) - this is completely at odds with the commonly held opinion that bikes are dangerous because they're "invisible" - while there's some truth to that, I'm far, far happier "unseen" and left to my own devices than the center of attention as they neglect to notice the car pulling out in front of them, drifting towards me - or even drifting into the oncoming traffic.

It happens to me alla time grrr "Don't lookit ME - lookit the bedanged ROAD you tool!!!"
So true guys. I thought I might put all the arguments on the table and let the discussion take its course. I don't ride so much that I would disturb anyone. There are a few people here in my part of the country that have Harley's and Sport bikes with obnoxious/excessively loud pipes and the "Firecracker" Pipe is less than a kitten's meow in comparison. Maybe I should have called it the "Snap-pop" Pipe as there are many different noise ranges of firecrackers. LOL - Firecracker sounded cooler though.

Last edited: