Which engine kit is the best?

GoldenMotor.com

jjfranky123

Oct 19, 2009
maine
Hello, i am new to this site and think it is awesome! a want to get a complete 80cc 2stroke engine kit. could someone please post a link to the best one.
the dax ones sound pretty good but i am new to this stuff. i would like to mount it like this-.bld.

Thanks!

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
This question comes up all of the time...and yes when I was new I asked it as well. Do a search and there are plenty of threads and I believe even a section dedicated to it.

There are less expensive vendors but for a new person on a first build, the customer service at ThatsDax could prove quite useful.

I think most would agree that these kits (from most vendors) are a crap shoot. You could be fine but you could have problems out of the box. Duane at Dax is one of the few vendors that consistently has good feedback on customer service helping newbies through the learning curve.

Junster

Jun 2, 2009
Washington St.
I bought 2 kits from Zoom both were great. I however just rebuilt the top end on one of them and thru ordering parts from different guys have found out the Dax motors use a larger piston bearing. With the other things being equal you'd be giving up a slanthead but that is easily added for 12 plus shipping. A bigger top end bearing is just better. My next motor will be from Dax. Oh and the chrome gas tank from Dax is cool too.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Just got my kit today from spookytoothcyles. there great. if you have any questions you can call them and talk to a mechanic about anything. shipping is fast.. i recomend spookytooth. there GREAT

TheE

Jun 26, 2009
Canada
I find the kit quality to be pretty hit-and-miss. Even Zoom shipped me a slant head which was very poorly made. The important thing is good customer service.

Humsuckler

Jul 28, 2009
Ontario
ill vouch for the zoom "jet" 80cc slanthead.
came painted, slantheads definitley have a noticable amount of low end as compared to centerfire heads.

just dont overrev your new kit and you shouldn't have prblems with the engine, they really need to be broken in slow. which means, ridden gently and unabused for the first 4 or 5 litres

Reel Adventure

Jul 1, 2009
wilmington nc
I second the zoom 66 cc slant head motors. Lots of power.

Run the first gallon about 20 to 1 on cheap out board motor. It will spit sputter etc. After that the next gallon was 60 to 1 opti 2 then I went to 80 to 1, now Im at 100 to 1 on opti 2 and the engine runs superb. After a gallon or 2 it is BROKEN IN. I run my bike at 75% to 90 % throttle most of the time on main roads and I back off a bit on the side rodes.

Some of the companies on here are bs with their motor prices. I talked with one and he was tring to sell a leser kit china motor for 350. Its still a china motor kit and nothing was done internally to it. What a joke. There is basically no service after the sale and you warranty is us here on the forum to help with your quesitons etc.

This topic need to be a sticky! :D