Hello from Oklahoma

GoldenMotor.com

gaffo

May 10, 2014
Norman
Welcome Flyman; VI-an, heard of it but can't place her.

Over here, since last May, I've seen Ironhorse5.1 at Lowes with his 2-cycle friction bike, another with a 2-cycle chain bike, 2 electric scooters (from the same "eastcoast wholesales" as mine) same body - but electric instead of gas as mine is. and one 2-cycle motorized scooter (goped-clone - slightly different body from mine).

so that makes 6 of us (at least).

trackfodder

Sep 8, 2008
.xx.Hello. I am from the OKC metro area. Recently finding myself having to use a bicycle as my mode of transportation, I got interested in adding a motor. I was initially looking at the Chinese chain drive ones. I decided instead to go with a Staton-Inc friction drive set up with a Tanaka 40cc engine. It was very easy to install and have only about 75 miles on it so far with Zero tire wear (still has the casting flash). I am impressed with the quality of the kit. I'd like to get a muffler to quiet the exhaust a bit. Yes I know, I chose the 2-stroke engine but I was afraid the Honda 4-stroke offered wouldn't be powerful enough. There is a .6 to .9 hp difference between the two depending on whose specs you read. I'm glad I opted for the more powerful engine because of the windy days we have here sometimes.
I always thought a Lawnboy 2-stroke would be a nice powerhead. Rope starting, good controllable carburator, indestructible, easy starting. About 6 HP. It could be mounted on a rear rack and rigged to swing into contact with the wheel with a trampoline spring or likesuch.brnot