Jinxed

GoldenMotor.com

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I am not superstitious. I'm not afraid of black cats, I don't hide out on the 13th of the month and I don't believe in things that I can't see.
Nevertheless I firmly believe this bike is jinxed.
http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=44276

The bike has just under 100 miles on the odometer yet it has, broken my leg, experienced the first CDI failure that I've ever had. It happened twelve miles from home and if you've ever pedaled a Nirve Switchblade you'll know how uncomfy they are; especially when motorized.

The bike has never run smooth but has an annoying pulsation that bounces the front wheel during acceleration and has always ridden hard and rough.
Today I stopped to talk to a neighbor. We were sitting for at least a half hour talking motorcycles and hot rods and this black chopper decided it had sit there long enough and totally undisturbed and untouched, fell over.

Now I have two big dings, dents and paint chips on the fuel tank where the clutch lever hit it. I had made some rubber snubbers to keep the handlebars from touching the tank but it hit hard enough to compress the rubber and damage the tank and my custom flamed paint job.

I've actually come to hate this bike. I think it is possesed and doesn't like me. If I could sell it today for what I have in it, I would.

It is JINXED!

Tom

Attachments

Last edited:

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Tom, it sounds to me like you need to take a loss and get rid of this pariah.........even if you finally get it sorted out, you're always gonna be leery of it.

Maybe we all need to come to your house and perform an exorcism to rid it of it's bad juju...............

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
Well Tom

Sorry to hear about the trouble... that bike is gonna be a bur under your saddle until its gone sounds like, but hopefully you'll be able to overcome the glitch s and be the winner in the end.

Ultimate its just a chunk of metal and paint but I know how you feel, I've had a couple vehicles do me that way in the past.

Map

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
This bike was originally planned to be a copy of the 'Billy Bike'. The one ridden by Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider. I built the Captain America clone and I wanted to have both of the movie bikes. But, I got side tracked by the neat factory paint job and went another direction and left it black. Maybe that was my mistake.

Maybe, just possibly, the bike is rebelling and trying to tell me that it wants to be painted orange with gold flames to match its brother bike. Maybe, just maybe, I should tear it down, strip the black metal flake paint off and shoot it orange.
Do you think that would chase away the curse that this bike seems to have on it?

Good summer project if nothing else.

Tom

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Orange will make everything look better ---- it's even the same color apron I wear at work!! :D

mapbike

Mar 14, 2010
Central Area of Texas
I agree, Orange will make it go pow....!

That will surely bring it out from the dark side of the force over to the brighter side of the gulf..

I really like my Orange bike, and I plan to go with something simular to the old Corvette chrome yellow on the old 63 Western Flyer when I finally get it the way I want it, then she will come all apart and get a facelift, I like the bright colors for making the bike easier to be seen by the cagers who seem to be on a mission to run us over when on two wheels.

I say go fur it Tom, Orange will be really nice on that bike no doubt.

Map

This bike was originally planned to be a copy of the 'Billy Bike'. The one ridden by Dennis Hopper in Easy Rider. I built the Captain America clone and I wanted to have both of the movie bikes. But, I got side tracked by the neat factory paint job and went another direction and left it black. Maybe that was my mistake.

Maybe, just possibly, the bike is rebelling and trying to tell me that it wants to be painted orange with gold flames to match its brother bike. Maybe, just maybe, I should tear it down, strip the black metal flake paint off and shoot it orange.
Do you think that would chase away the curse that this bike seems to have on it?

Good summer project if nothing else.

Tom

maniac57

Old, Fat, and still faster than you
Oct 8, 2011
memphis Tn
While normally I am not superstitious, I have had machines like that. They get a taste for your blood and the best thing to do is sell or put a bullet through it's brain (CDI)
The GoKart that ate my fingers was never safe afterwards either. Three other people were injured before it went to the crusher. Like a YerfDog Christene....
You can try exorcism but the safest thing is to put it down.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
I'd cut my losses and say goodbye to that bike. A change in color would be like a girlfriend who done you wrong getting her hair dyed a different color. She still done you wrong. Find a new girlfriend.
SB

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
I hate it when that happens. 6 miles is my record so far, twice. At least it didn't fall over at a biker bar in front of a lot of people, like the Atomic BB did.

Sounds like typical china girl stuff.

Lightning Boy

Apr 19, 2014
Michigan
Understandable, but could have been much worse. Some require blood sacrifices when they get angry.

I'd also recommend grounding it and let it think about what it's done a while. It's still a sweet bike. Good luck.

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
I'd cut my losses and say goodbye to that bike. A change in color would be like a girlfriend who done you wrong getting her hair dyed a different color. She still done you wrong. Find a new girlfriend.
SB
Possibly, but, what if the bad Obeah is in the black paint? I think an exorcism via a sand blast booth might do the trick. No sandpaper, that will only rough up the paint and possible make it mad. It needs a complete removal to get the ju-ju out.
Then some primer and some bright orange paint and some yellow ghost flames...?

It already has the 'Billy Bike' look. Now all it needs is a new skin. Maybe a summer project.

Tom

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
This is serious. You should bury it right now. Dig a hole or throw it in a lake. If you try to give it away or sell it? It will just come back to haunt you. I know! This bike wants to die. It hates itself not because of the color but because it is retarded. It's gut is hanging down lower than its axles effecting its self esteem. Kill it now.

Last edited:

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
My bike fell over Sunday & messed up one of the trick mirrors I got for it. Stuff happens.

I'd paint it in the hopes the gremlins won't recognize it. Change out the exhaust too, just in case its the sound that reminds them, "There goes that A-hole again, let's get him!"
And get yourself a gremlin bell too, I have one on my bike.

kevyleven007

Sep 25, 2008
texas
OCC chopper bikes have the Lords blessing. All others are possessed by the devil. We're going to need a pentagram and some gasoline here. Might get ugly

Last edited: