having problems adding my springer forks

GoldenMotor.com

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
Ive seen people with spingers on this bike (macargi huntington)and bike berry told me the one they sent should have worked. When I tried to slide the fork through thte neck of the bike it would fit through. Seemed too wide. Arent these standard? Just wondering if I could have done something wrong before I sent it back and lose my $15 on shipping. It's a greenline-heavy duty.
Seems like its long enough if it would just go through the neck....(AAHHHHH!)

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Measure the outside diameter of your original fork, steer tube. The standard measurements are 1" and 1 and 1/8". I suspect your old fork was a 1" and the new one is 1 and 1/8". They aren't compatible.

Tom

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
Bicycle designer.com has springer fork accessories, depending on size you need for steerer tube, cost around 12.99-15.99. I post a link ,,, but i don't know how? Any help here guys would be appreciated. Over & out Dirtydnut

buttafinguz

Mar 7, 2012
nashville
ight, this what I just measuresed. forks steering tube is 7 1/2"" long from the top to the bottom bearing race, with a 4" of threading at the top.

Sep 1, 2010
Cincinnati,Ohio
ight, this what I just measuresed. forks steering tube is 7 1/2"" long from the top to the bottom bearing race, with a 4" of threading at the top.
Sounds like you would need to order part # 511500 / steering tube & swap out the 1 1/8" one. This would be simple to do, or you could send the one back if they don't charge a re-stocking fee, & shipping. See either way you'll spend something to fix the situation. Hope this helps, Also if sometime later on another build you could swap it back if needed a 1 1/8" . dnut

rustycase

Gutter Rider
May 26, 2011
Left coast
Thanks for posting the link to bicyclesesigners !

Lots of interesting parts, all in one place, and an EZ site to navigate! bonus!!!
rc