My First Post. Wish list.

GoldenMotor.com

gofastkycruiser

Sep 18, 2008
Russell Springs, Ky
Tax time is not far off so, I have been researching, and started putting together a parts list. I work in a machine shop so one off part are not going to be a problem. I only drive 6 mile one way to work. I am want this to be a daily ride. Weather permitting. Would like to see a cruising speed of about 40+ MPH, my weight is 205 +/- a few.

*Morini Motori S6-S SPORT 50cc 2-stroke :D 9.4 Hp @ 11,000 RPM :D (I hope to find one at a reasonable price)
*26" stretched cruiser frame
*Springer triple trees
*Fattest tires i can fit
*jack shaft, front free wheel, and that auto rear hub (can't remember the name of it, will it hold up? still reading up on this. may have to still use a derailer and cassette.)
*all the lights and blinkers
*costume tank
*f/r disk breaks

Of course there is a lot of little odds and ends not listed but you get the idea. With the Motori S6-S I don't think I will have a problem reaching my goal and then some. It will not stay stock for long. I am sure that 9.4 hp is just a starting point.

I have see where people are using smog pumps as superchargers. :D Boost is always a big cool factor. Got a few bookmarks. I'll post them next post. The stretched frame would give me room to play with. Maybe a supercharged 4 stroke will find its way in there somewhere down the road.

Well it's late and I'm tired. Off the dream up my next big idea. Any and all input is welcomed. :crash:

jasonh

Jun 23, 2008
Longmont, CO
Welcome to the forum.

auto rear hub? Are you referring to the NuVinci hub? It's not actually auto, you still have to select your gear ratio, but it's still nice. I believe they can handle up to something like 96lbs of torque.

I'm not so sure though that a regular bicycle chain is going to handle 9.4hp for long. I would suggest running a good size chain, like a #41, same as the HT motors. Would require some reworking of sprockets and such, but shouldn't be a big deal seeing as you work in a machine shop. If you stay with a derailer and cassette....I would forget about that Morini, honestly. I have a feeling things would go boom pretty quickly....

Here's my honest opinion: why do you need to cruise at 40+ mph? I ride 6mi each way every day at about 20-25mph and it's just fine. If you're dead set on riding that fast, why not build up a small motorcycle instead? Would probably be safer, and the minute the cops saw that bike, you'd have to register the thing anyway. Just my $0.02.

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
Say Deke,

Welcome aboard ! :)

We need more researcher "types" here too. People who hunt stuff up and post links to it are always of great help. Not to mention setting a good example for the younger builders.

I'm guessing you're going to license your bike as a regular motorcycle and insure it ? I live up the river from where Ky, WV, and Ohio all meet. The three states motorbike laws are similar with Ohio being more limited concerning the horse power and speed you can ride.

Ya may want to look at our expansion chamber threads too. I know you're
working in a machine shop and just wondered if you've done any sheet metal work ?

gofastkycruiser

Sep 18, 2008
Russell Springs, Ky
Thank you every one for the input. 40mph may be a bet of a stretch. Just seemed like a good round number at the time. Of course a helmet will always be part of my riding gear. The fat tires are a small safety too. More rubber on the road. Looks good too. Expansion chamber is a must. Porting and carb mods, yes please. I think that i will have to register it as a moped and have moped license. 35mph and under I think to still be classed as a moped in KY. NuVinci hub is what I was thinking of, thank you jasonh. I have a huge industrial catalog, there is all kinds of sprockets in there. Industrial Supply Equipment from MSC Industrial Supply 5000+ page catalog. Every gearhead should have one. Mine has about 10lb of greasy finger prints in it.

Smog pump supercharger.

the bikes
Z50 Supercharger - Planet Mini Trails Webboard
Smog Pump Supercharger - Planet Minis

There is tons more info out there. This is by far not a new idea. These are just a few. Its a lot of tuning and trial and error. Don't know if I would try boosting a 2 stroke though.

Specs for the Morini Mototi S6-S engine.

Morini Motori

Doesn't seem to be an easy engine to find. I may be able to find one of the pocket bikes that uses it easier and cheaper. HELP I don't mind if it is used.

Well again it is late and its been a rough week. I live in Russell Springs KY, right on Lake Cumberland. Any one feel like taking a long ride and showing off there bike, I would love to take a look at one in person. Thanks again you will be hearing a lot from me.

eDJ--The only sheet metal work i have done is patch work on an old Chevy I had. I wanting to make my own tank. Just going to have to start hammering away and see what I can do. I found an English Wheel close by that i may be able to talk the guy into letting me play with it for a while.

Last edited:

eDJ

Jul 8, 2008
Wayne National Forest
:) Ahhhh an English Wheel....that'll be fine for your tank project. If you really like it and want one Harbor Freight has them. I've seen one in my local store. I may even be able to scare up a set of plans to build one.

Perhaps you and Norman should get together...he has some plans for building a slip roller & brake now where you use common scrap to build it. In my present job I'm working with computers, but I still have my IAMAW card from an earlier job. But these days....I go back to my tools for fun.

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
:) Ahhhh an English Wheel....that'll be fine for your tank project. If you really like it and want one Harbor Freight has them. I've seen one in my local store. I may even be able to scare up a set of plans to build one.

Perhaps you and Norman should get together...he has some plans for building a slip roller & brake now where you use common scrap to build it. In my present job I'm working with computers, but I still have my IAMAW card from an earlier job. But these days....I go back to my tools for fun.
My Uncle just bought the bench mount english wheel from Harbor frieght and it works great.