engine wont start

GoldenMotor.com

goe_ask_alice

Jul 30, 2011
lake county,ca
new eninge went 10 miles then cut out wont start. i replced the coil and spark plug, work fine on my other bike, getting gas and spark nothing in carb, put oil/gas under spark plug, still nothing

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Welcome to the forum Alice. Have you looked into the kill switch? Take it out of the circuit see what happens mebbe? Your kill switch may be the culprit? It may be shorted out. Just disconnect it.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Ok try a known good spark plug. Perhaps the one you have has a hairline crack in it. What shape is the spark plug wire in? Are all of your wire connections good? Also you are saying that basically one teaspoon of gas/oil mix pored into the spark plug hole and plug put back on, it would not fire up for a second?

Last is the spark plug wet? is there gas dripping from the engine anywhere?

What kind of motor is this?

goe_ask_alice

Jul 30, 2011
lake county,ca
all the wiring is 2 days old, put the plug in the old bike and the old bike ran great, put another plug in the new bike it wont run, put a capful of oil and gas in the plug, wouldnt start, the wiring looks good, i dont have a meter, but put the coil on the old bike and it ran, so the coil is good, put the old coil that i know works on new bike, wont run, could it b the points?

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Well you do not have points with that motor you have a CDI . It the black gizmo that your spark plug wire is attached to. Me thinks your almost there. You by process of elimination seam to only have this left to check?

goe_ask_alice

Jul 30, 2011
lake county,ca
i put that gizmo on the old bike and the old bike workd, put the old one on the new bike and the new bike wouldnt work, the new bike woulnt work with the new gizmo either. there is a white wire is that a ground wire? its next to the black and blue wire