I'm new here, here's my current bike.

GoldenMotor.com

bradj33

Jun 10, 2011
Los Angeles
I've been working on this bike for almost a year. Mostly due to crappy weather in Los Angeles.. But she's almost finished. All I need is a longer shifter cable for the nexus 3 speed rear wheel. And my carb manifold tube needs to be bent or cut and re-welded so the carb sits level. Right now it leaks a bit of gas unless I'm facing up hill. Not a big problem but I will fix it soon. I've tried the sturmey archer 8 speed rear hub but it will not work. Anyway take a look and let me know what you think.

Attachments

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
Looks good :)

That's the CNS V.1 carb. The tube you have a screw in goes from the bottom of the float bowl to the barbed vent on top of the carb. This is the fuel enrichenment circuit for the choke. Turning on the choke draws extra fuel through the circuit. Without that tube it doesn't get fuel. The 2 vent tubes side by side are vent tubes. They're ok just the way you have them.

Other than that it's a fine build.shft.

bradj33

Jun 10, 2011
Los Angeles
That makes perfect sense now you say that. Going to autozone tomorrow to get a new tube long enough. I'll let you know the outcome,Thanks !

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I've been working on this bike for almost a year. Mostly due to crappy weather in Los Angeles.. But she's almost finished. All I need is a longer shifter cable for the nexus 3 speed rear wheel. And my carb manifold tube needs to be bent or cut and re-welded so the carb sits level. Right now it leaks a bit of gas unless I'm facing up hill. Not a big problem but I will fix it soon. I've tried the sturmey archer 8 speed rear hub but it will not work. Anyway take a look and let me know what you think.
Nice looking bike, are you coming to the event at Willow Springs Raceway next Sat June 18th?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Good looking bike Brad. This is where we need someone to build special intakes, it would be nice if you could just send pics. and measurements and have one built.

bradj33

Jun 10, 2011
Los Angeles
Good looking bike Brad. This is where we need someone to build special intakes, it would be nice if you could just send pics. and measurements and have one built.
I agree. Although I think I found an alternative solution. But I plan on buying a welder soon anyway. There have been so many times I could have used one!

bradj33

Jun 10, 2011
Los Angeles
Very nice.

Love the drum brake. I'm going to use a drum one of these days.
The sturmey archer front dynamo hub with drum brake is excellent! Looks great, lights my 1 watt light perfectly and the brake is great. Reasonable too, I ordered the hub and a nice weinmann rim for about 100 bucks. Then i let my local bikeshop put it together with nice spokes for 30 bucks.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
That makes perfect sense now you say that. Going to autozone tomorrow to get a new tube long enough. I'll let you know the outcome,Thanks !
The CNS V.1 carb actually let's you tune it and the adjustments actually work ;)

The V.2, on the other hand, is barely tunable. Many people have given up on it and use the stock NT carb so you're way ahead on that account. usflg

bradj33

Jun 10, 2011
Los Angeles
The CNS V.1 carb actually let's you tune it and the adjustments actually work ;)

The V.2, on the other hand, is barely tunable. Many people have given up on it and use the stock NT carb so you're way ahead on that account. usflg
I tried connecting the top to the bottom. I see how it should work but when I tried it when I give it gas it stalls out. I had to put it back to the screw method to get to work and back tonight. There may be an adjustment I can do when I have more time. But I'm gonna look into bending or cutting my intake manifold tube. Im sure there's a shop around me I can get to do it. I'll figure it out by Tuesday.

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
...I'm at a loss. Mine was set up that way from who I bought it from. I got mine from boygofast on eBay. I've seen many set-up like I had mine. When the choke is on it's supposed to add extra gas and when closed cut it off.

I just don't know :p