Dollar general 2 stroke oil

GoldenMotor.com

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
13/16 is just a little too big and it slips when trying to turn, whilst 5/8 is just a little too small.

I know what you mean by using whatever fits, heck, I would have manually done it with a spanner or wrench, but even then I don't have any that fit.
Even if I did, because of the angle fire, the grills get in the way, thus I need a sprocket that fits perfectly over.

Oh the annoyance of angle fire...
Is that 13/16 socket 6 point or 12 point? If it fits a little loose, the 12 point will slip, and the 6 point won't

bitsnpieces

Dec 9, 2010
Melbourne, AUS
I don't know if 3/4" is 19mm, but irregardless, it's between the our standard sparkplug sizes here in Australia.

Our sprockets or whatever its called (now I'm forgetting what they're called), are 6 points.

I put the bigger one over it which goes on, but you have room to play as you rotate it. It's not a snug fit. Where it does hold on, you try loosening the sparkplug, it just slips.

So hopefully my local warehouse store will have one that fits. I'm almost doubting it though because Australia generally has nothing... Only what we use which is never the same with anyone else...

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Big Hammer will remove the fins then any size pipe wrench will work.rotfl
Don't you have a wrench that came with the engine? if you do and it slips use the hammer on the wrenches/ socket sides easy taps then try it. The cheap spark plug wrench that comes with these engine will deform enough to work you just got to beat the wrench into submission.

wayne z

Dec 5, 2010
louisiana
Have you tried 11/16 or 3/4 sockets? If 5/8 is too small and 13/16 is too big, one of the others should fit