Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
Last edited:

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
A properly tuned two smoke will pass a emissions test and better than you think. There is documentation here on this forum..2 stroke emissions test - Google Search
http://motorbicycling.com/f31/2-stroke-vs-4-stroke-7406.html

While this could be argued for days. Properly tuned they are super duper and at 100 and more miles to the gallon well... I burnt less fuel today the alternative was a car or start peddling. Yes their are the electrics too.
i'm not saying they're the anti-christ, just not the environmental godsend some people think they are.

even fully electric vehicles aren't exactly green imo since people forget they have to produce the electricity they use from the outlet to charge their car.

in terms of the fuel economy though it can't be beat, so if we're not using much, we're not burning much, so we're not putting much into the air. but i think what a 2 stroke puts into the air is a bit worse then most 4 strokes, if they're burning more though, it probably evens out.

but maybe thats just me :)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Plus if you pedal while putting that adds to your range, and in 10 years my bike will only make 50lb of scrap, (200 if you include my corpse, but I bio-degrade) what's your car weigh? heh heh.

I guess it you really want to be green, you have to look the part:

Not my bike, I found it Here

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i like to sit on my buddy's balcony at the beach, and everytime i see a motorized bike (usually electric) i always yell "CHEATER!" at them. and when a couple cruises by on a tandem, i always yell "SHE'S NOT PEDALING!"

it's the little things in life that make me happy.

back on the subject, all the bike trails around here are off-limits, so i don't worry about it. but on the road, we all have the same rights. i think it's funny that you guys are so worried about someone complaining and suddenly we're outlawed. i just don't think it's gonna happen. (unless you live in san luis obispo. thanks to a little kid in grade school's campaign, everyone under 18 has to wear a helmet on a bike, skateboard, etc. they also pushed the no smoking in bars law through. i hate that crappy town...)

there's always gonna be someone to complain, and someone to complain about. slow moving pedestrians hate runners, beach cruisers hate roadies, roadies hate us, we hate cars...

it's the circle of life.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
i like to sit on my buddy's balcony at the beach, and everytime i see a motorized bike (usually electric) i always yell "CHEATER!" at them. and when a couple cruises by on a tandem, i always yell "SHE'S NOT PEDALING!"

it's the little things in life that make me happy.

back on the subject, all the bike trails around here are off-limits, so i don't worry about it. but on the road, we all have the same rights. i think it's funny that you guys are so worried about someone complaining and suddenly we're outlawed. i just don't think it's gonna happen. (unless you live in san luis obispo. thanks to a little kid in grade school's campaign, everyone under 18 has to wear a helmet on a bike, skateboard, etc. they also pushed the no smoking in bars law through. i hate that crappy town...)

there's always gonna be someone to complain, and someone to complain about. slow moving pedestrians hate runners, beach cruisers hate roadies, roadies hate us, we hate cars...

it's the circle of life.
So if we all were to just learn to embrace the hate we'll feel better about our selves:D
Sorry could not resist this is funny:plaff

Merry Christmas guy's !!

Last edited:

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
you just have to choose your hate wisely.

my solution to the "us vs. them" argument is to remove myself from the whole "bicycle" category.

i ride in the lanes with cars, so now instead of bikers hating me, car drivers do.

which isn't really true, either. most drivers are pretty amazed to see a guy on an antique beach cruiser keeping up with them (or passing them.) :)

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
I was just trying to be funny, hate either way, but we really have to be vigilant. Yesterday I was passing someone turning left at a light(on their right), and the broad turning left from the other way damn near clipped me. Luckily I had the wherewithal to avoid getting ran over... and had time to jam on my brakes and slide in the snow/ice to watch her(of course) rip by. To me that's a bicycle problem, a motorcycle wouldn't try to pass the guy on the right. We need to be careful that way, and watch our speed in certain situations, for sure.

lol, I may be out of touch up here, we don't see many Spandy's when its -15/-20C... and the guys in snowsuits don't go that fast, :)

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
dance1we are not allowed to ride on trails here in ny.. well they are illegal either way but i ride mine everyday.. has anyone looked at my wetbox exhaust idea? can someone build it and try it? maybe sticking a hose on the end of the muffler and sticking it into a five gallon bucket of water.. only if you have a poo poo pipe or any long type of pipe.. otherwise the engine could suck the water back up..

(http://motorbicycling.com/members/t...wetlockz-red-exhaust-pipe-orangish-color.html)

muddybike

Jul 31, 2010
Calgary
Well I know where i live , your not supposed to be on bike paths !
Please dont do that , sure i would love to rip up and down the bike paths here but thats just going to make the bikes outlawed. Wana ride down the bike path then pedal, wana drive down the road then use the engine.
Sure the bikers are snobs, but that biker guy is in 10 times the shape ,most of us are in, and he is legal to be on the bike path we are not.
I implore you please dont ride on the bike paths it will only make riding a MB here harder, want to hit the trails then hit the ones the dirtbikers go to.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
Thine, I've checked out that pic but it looks pretty 'mickey mouse' , there's not much we can get out of a slapped together paint .jpg. Have you tried Google sketchup? I'm sure its a decent concept, your pic just looks third grade man....

matthurd

Dec 13, 2010
manchester NH
we were talking about his set up in the shout box and agreed it seemed similar to a water bong, which meant it would need the maintenance of that because it would be collecting oil in the water so it would have to be changed semi frequently, interesting idea though.

Goat Herder

Gutter Rider
Apr 28, 2008
N.M.
we were talking about his set up in the shout box and agreed it seemed similar to a water bong, which meant it would need the maintenance of that because it would be collecting oil in the water so it would have to be changed semi frequently, interesting idea though.
Just don't try to drink it:D

thine82

Nov 26, 2010
kingston ny
you guys are to funny... i had to use mspaint.. i lost adobe photoshop when i had to reformat my cpu. do you need a expanded view so you can build it? just use the ctrl button and press the + button.. oh yeah incase you dont know.. you gotta hold the ctrl button then press +.. the - button unzooms.. guys this wetlockz box would really help alot.. i will have to show you tests of my bike.. currently it is sitting in my room.. had to silicone it . hope it holds.. wait till you guys hear the differences in my experiments..

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I love to roll past some spandexers, riding with one hand on the throttle, the other holding a cigarette, and a big smile!

I enjoyed reading this thread. Good points from all sides.