Manic mechanic sprocket adapter question?

GoldenMotor.com

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
Have you guys who have tried these sprocket adapters had any problems with the sprocket adapter slipping around the hub? Im thinking about getting one.

Thanks

Last edited:

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
I dont have one yet. I was thinking about getting one and just wanted to make sure that they dont have issues with rotating around the hub from the torque of the engine or when pedaling to start the engine.

GoFastBicycles

Jul 29, 2008
West Point PA.
Oh........... make sure you have the hub or the right dimensions in order to get the correct adapter. When all that is done you will not have any problems.

Adam

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
when I got my adapter and the 72 toother...
I assembled the adapter with finger tension only and could not make it move on the hub:)
yes,,,I have tightened it properly since then ;)
as long as you measure the hub correctly, I see no way for it to slip

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
You might check to see if he is building anything. He is not answering his business phone and his mail box was full a day or two ago when I called. Justin a Pirate Cycles should have it if there are any.

Someone posted a week or two ago that Jim had had some type of surgery.

Jim

Patr1ck

Apr 15, 2010
Tempe, AZ
when I got my adapter and the 72 toother...
I assembled the adapter with finger tension only and could not make it move on the hub:)
yes,,,I have tightened it properly since then ;)
as long as you measure the hub correctly, I see no way for it to slip
Whats the 72 toother for? Where did you find it/have it made?

Pat

pwrobleski

Jul 9, 2009
Florida
I can say I ordered mine last Oct and so far no problems. So far all products I have recieved from Jim are by far top notch. Give Jim the right size and it will work, if there is a problem he will fix it.

jauguston

May 1, 2010
Bellingham, WA
I believe Jim had some medical issues. Someone posted recently that he was supposedly going to be back on the 28th. Hopefully he is recovered and able to get to work.

Jim