Tas Spitz Deluxe

GoldenMotor.com

Eddie Smith

Jun 10, 2009
Tacoma Washington
Yes, thats right I own a Tas QBM-23N. I have it mounted on my SX-200 Pacific Mountain bike. What a treat this thing has really been. I first noticed it when I moved in this old house I got. The motor was mounted on an old bike that was all rusted. I took it off and mounted it on my Bike, of course after I got it running. Come to find out that the motor has very little miles or, hours. I will have some pics for you all soon. Does anyone know if there are diffrant size wheels, or whatever they are called, the little wheel that go's on the tire to make the bike move.

Cabinfever1977

Mar 23, 2009
Upstate,NY
there called sprockets or pullys and yes they come in diffrent sizes and they will determin your torq and speed.does yours have teeth(sprocket)or no teeth and round with a groove(pully)?

Dave31

Mar 1, 2008
Aztlán, Arizona
there called sprockets or pullys and yes they come in diffrent sizes and they will determin your torq and speed.does yours have teeth(sprocket)or no teeth and round with a groove(pully)?
They are called drive wheels...for the Tas I believe you can use a neoprene high-speed roller skate wheel (62 mm) over the aluminum drive hub.

fodhunter

Mar 14, 2009
Prescott Valley, AZ
Hello, Eddie Smith..."fodhunter" here, from Prescott Valley, AZ!
I, too, just acquired a Tas Spitz (ebay). Missing a few parts but I think I can find them.
I just like old engines and don't WANT to go faster than 20MPH. on my USA-made Huffy.

fodhunter.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Keep us posted on how you are progressing. I had a Spitz...awesome smooth slow! I liked it, but sold it for a large profit.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Hey Mike,
Good to see your post. I'm thinking about firing up the two bug motors which were running when last used. It's been a couple of years since I ran them last. It had been many years of sitting unused before getting them going a few years ago. Thanks to perseverance and your help. They were smooth running little motors. I'll probably sell them when I know they're right. Too many motors and too many bikes. I'll get in touch with you to see about the many unused parts and partial motors I have in a month or so when I'm back home. They're of more use to you than to me.
One of your 'brothers in the wind',
SB