Fat Knobby Tires?

GoldenMotor.com

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Okay so I'm still working on the "Rubicon" worksman and I'm lookin for some really high profile, fat knobby tires to kinda match the tires on my Jeep Rubicon. I know they are not practical for motorized bicycle riding but hey, it's more of a theme bike and I won't be going more than 20 or 30 mph on it anyways and only for short trips. Anyone know of a place on the web where I can buy such a tire? I'd like them to be 26" x 2.125" witih some good mud type tread on them if they even exist. Thanks guys in advance :)

Attachments

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Awwww Venice you're gonna make me work for it huh, lol. I had my fingers crossed that you'd post a quick link for me. Just kiddin, I did google it but I get so frustrated strainin to look at the computer screen and weed out all of the junk that comes up on a search. Guess I'll look on amazon under 26"x2.125" knobby tires? I'll give it a try. Thanks.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
Awwww Venice you're gonna make me work for it huh, lol. I had my fingers crossed that you'd post a quick link for me. Just kiddin, I did google it but I get so frustrated strainin to look at the computer screen and weed out all of the junk that comes up on a search. Guess I'll look on amazon under 26"x2.125" knobby tires? I'll give it a try. Thanks.

It's pretty easy... just follow the links & you'll find more that you ever need! ;)

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
just checked out nashbar, I appreciate the tip but they just don't have the "thick" knobby type tires that I'm looking for. The hunt continues......

flybytaco

Metal Molding Madman
Oct 17, 2009
seekonk MASS
hambro, kenda makes some sick 3 inch knobs i will find out where my boygot his he has literally dirtbike tires in bicycle size on his bike i'll get back to you asap

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Sounds awesome taco, and thanks guys for all the suggestions, they all look great and are right on the money as far as what I'm lookin for and it'll be hard to make up my mind. Can't wait to see the ones you are talkin about Taco. Just orderd some RUBICON decals for the side of the tank, having them custom made to be in proportion with the tanks size. I can't wait to start puttin all this together. My friend came over today and buffed out the tank again and it has a "like glass" finish to it now and it's professional automotive base and clear so it'll stand up to fuel spills. Now I have to find a hitch mount bike carrier that'll come out of the hitch far enough to clear my spare tire on the jeep.

hambro

Dec 22, 2009
Alabama
Way more fun building from scratch than just throwing an engine on an already built, store bought bike. In some cases way more expensive too, lol, but definitely worth it if you enjoy it and consider it a hobby and not a business. I'm passed the "i'm gonna get rich building bikes" phase and I've come to the conclusion that if you love building them then you have to learn to have patience especially if you are not rich and can't buy all your parts at one time. When I first started building them I'd open up the box that the engine came in and rush to get it mounted and get the bike finished. Now, I can spend days just on one part of a build and I want to learn more and more. Unfortunately down here there are no other guys or gals into building them and I'm all by myself on the learning curve. Luckily I have you guys and this forum which is a virtual fountain of knowledge and information on everything there is to know on building them and the caution and safety you need to have when it comes to riding them. What would we do without each other, lol.