Sprocket mount

GoldenMotor.com

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california
Hey i was wondering if that sprocket mount that are sponsors sell, the one that goes around the hub could hold up to a 125cc dirtbike engine???

.duh.

doubledice

Nov 6, 2009
california
If you give me a precise measurement and get the bolts "Good and tight" the design will hold up to even more than 125cc! It's more a matter of whether or not the wheel will hold up.

Jim
Okay thanks ill take your word for it and will be ordering soon! how big a sprockets do you make? im going with steel rims and thick spokes i think ill be ok

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Okay thanks ill take your word for it and will be ordering soon! how big a sprockets do you make? im going with steel rims and thick spokes i think ill be ok
I have a pair of 72 Tooth sprockets on the bench that were ordered for this run of adapters and sprockets.

I can make any tooth count up to about 150T.

My CNC machine is capable of producing sprockets larger than anyone would ever need for MB's.

Jim

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Bill,

You're welcome!

Here it is ready to ship with the adapter. We will be shipping everyone's sprockets and adapters tomorrow. You should have it by Saturday!

Along side is RedB's adapter with a 28T.

So far 28T is the smallest that has been requested, and 72T the largest.

Jim

Attachments

K.i.p

Nov 8, 2009
CNY
Nice looking products Jim. I dig the circular interpolated stand offs on the hub adaptors. Tapered E.M.?

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Here it is ready to ship with the adapter. We will be shipping everyone's sprockets and adapters tomorrow. You should have it by Saturday!

Jim
Jim,

Just wondering if you plan on shipping my mount soon, if its ready. I am clueless as to when its going to arrive and I dont like that feeling. If you could please let me know when you plan on shipping, I would really appreciate it.

Thanks alot

Tyler

Last edited:

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
I'm working on them Tyler...I had a problem with the material for the pan. I'm going to be trying a different alloy this week.

Jim
No worries Jim. Glad to hear from you!

I herd one your local costumers had their mount break on their electra coaster. Im glad your working on improving the mounts, I was wondering if there was a way you can BEEF out my mount :)

Thanks again for the response Jim.

Tyler

Sep 20, 2008
Clearwater, FL
web.tampabay.rr.com
Tyler,

Glad to see you're not in panic mode!

All of the local test mounts were made virtually free of charge for testing purposes. 90% of them, 18 out of 20, worked without issues. The local customer with the Electra also has a Schwinn Legacy with the same mount and has had no problems.

I built a Legacy a few months ago and the mount broke. It has been a bit frustrating. I'm digging into it.

I will not ship anything to web customers that is sub-par. They will be bullet proof. I've finished all of my current sprocket adapter and sprocket orders, so I will be working on the mounts until finished.

Jim

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
Im just really anxious to get it. All I need is the mount to get me out of my bat cave ive been in since I bought the electra bike. Its kinda my fault because I sold my cranny, But oh well.

Im glad to hear their going to be bullet proof, an even better word for BEEF.

Lastly, could you please try to let me know when you are going to ship it. That would be super cool.

Im glad your keeping shop open for now. GOOD LUCK

Thanks Jim

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
jim im curious,your sprockets are cncd right? is there a way you can make a sprocket with flames cut out in it? can u put a picture on your cnc machine and it will cut it out within the sprocket? i posted a link here as an example....Typhoon BMX