hurt bad and it wasnt user error

GoldenMotor.com

HoughMade

Apr 15, 2008
Valparaiso, IN
I am a lawyer and I'm not sue happy. Looks like you will not have medical bills. The school punished him. Maybe not enough, but he was punished. The authorities (beyond the school) should be notified, but beyond that, if it were me, I would not pursue a lawsuit....or revenge. I would avoid this guy and move on. Maybe it's been to long since high school, but I would not let that guy's idiocy control my life or drive me to do something that may backfire.

Venice Motor Bikes

Custom Builder / Dealer/Los Angeles
Mar 20, 2008
Los Angeles, CA.
I am a lawyer and I'm not sue happy. Looks like you will not have medical bills. The school punished him. Maybe not enough, but he was punished. The authorities (beyond the school) should be notified, but beyond that, if it were me, I would not pursue a lawsuit....or revenge. I would avoid this guy and move on. Maybe it's been to long since high school, but I would not let that guy's idiocy control my life or drive me to do something that may backfire.
I TOTALLY DISAGREE!!
If something isn't done about this kid (either by suing him or pressing criminal charges), he will get a clear message that what he did isn't that big of a deal, & he will do it again to another kid & maybe worse the next time!!!

Again, You should talk to a good lawyer & the police!

Finfan

Aug 29, 2008
Tucson, AZ USA
Once when I was in college a football player (6'4", 250 lb, mind of a 12 y.o.) broke my leg accidentally just messing around. This case wasn't as deliberate as yours but still painful. I did nothing and have since outlived him. The end result is the same and I don't have to go to jail. As long as the fool doesn't hassle you again let it go. There is nothing to be gained by carrying grudges and his behavior will catch up with him eventually. Good luck!

civlized

Apr 28, 2009
Alabama
I have to disagree. When people like this have their behavior catch up with them, it is normally because they ran upon someone who won't take their crap and act defenseless. I agree that carrying grudges is not healthy and going to jail certainly isn't viable, but turning your back and letting him get away to do it to someone else before anyone does anything is wrong. The authorities should have most definately been notified and charges pressed. That's the way the world works, now. You can't just meet up with him in the parking lot and take care of it like the good ole days. I will bet you that if you did anything to physically retaliate, you will have authorities knocking on your door because he or his parents called them and reported you. And just so you know, just because he is a large fellow and you may be smaller doesn't mean that you will loose. Usually, just standing up for yourself is enough to make people like this leave you alone.

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
i was driving my bike around the track at school(with teacher permission of cource) and some stupid arogent kid, who stole my laptop once before, came out of nowhere and whipped a bag full of books at me, i went down at over 50kph, bone was exposed, im hurtin pretty bad, but thank god canada has free health care! il be beadbound for a few days but i will be back and motorized bicycle riding soon,
This guy already is on his second strike he stole your laptop did ya ever get it back? Ask his parents about your laptop while you are at it.

Tcams

Oct 18, 2009
Tucson, ZonieLand
You should press charges get a new motor and bike and get a good one. If you have some older friends that may not know this kid..tell them and im sure they will let this kid know whats up..(after you get your new bike and motor of course)

linnix13

Oct 7, 2009
in the world
well i talked to the kid today, he agreed to pay $200 to me for bike repairs, he seems truly remorseful about what happened, if he pays me then i guess all is well? im healing pretty good, i will get to asses my bikes damage in a few short hours, wish me luck!

azbill

May 18, 2008
Fountain Hills, Arizona
LOL,,,my dad was 'sir',,,I am Bill :)
I have been meaning to ask you,,,
do you know any Boultons ? (Kyle, Jamie, or Alyssa?)...my bros kids :):):)

sorry for the ot question

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Glad things worked out for you...I imagine he is getting plenty of flack from his peers at school and feels pretty stupid. It seemed to me to be a prank gone very wrong not an attack on you personally. We all do pretty dumb stuff without thinking. Being older has it's advantages you move slower so you catch em b4 they get out more.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Good deal. I'm h*ll on some one like that because they try to get away with more the next time.
Glad it worked out. I'm sure between his family and as was mentioned his friends who put the whoop to his as a hero.

See you in Sudbury at the meet?

Steve.

bandito

May 22, 2009
colorado
BikeguyJoe is right retaliation in an illegal way isnt right, the consequences can be worse than the original act. I just hate idiots and when I was younger we settled things differently. Today its a different world. Im not sue happy but when some ones negligence costs you dearly you need to look out for your self. I dont believe in paying for others mistakes.

i_am_jesse

Oct 21, 2009
Menomonie, Wi
dude soooooo sorry to hear of this, I absolutely HATE bullys! I got picked on a lot in school, so I know how ruff it can be speaking up against kids like that bloke, but if you don't speak to an official about this, then the bully wins.... don't give him the pleasure