New guy with problem right off the bat

GoldenMotor.com

crazynaclh20

Feb 27, 2016
Djibouti
Hello,
I'm new to the forum however not to building motorized/ non motorized bicycles.
I have found that for the most part vendors dealing with motorized bicycles are not all that supportive for military members deployed. I have yet to understand it. The USA goes through great lengths to provide us with US addresses and ensures that our mail is handled by US personnel if not the military but hired contractors in order to keep things out of the hands of host country nationals. I speak for many many people in just my area when I say I'm tired of getting emails after the company takes our order and money saying they dont ship to APO/FPO. The only people at these sites are US personnel and service members. That makes an obvious point I'd say. This leaves very few other options for us, thats to send our money to places like China, UK, Germany, and even Estonia. Case in point, I built a boarder line show bike that I use daily for exercise. The goal was to obtain one part from a different country around the world. After it was all said and done I had zero issues from all countries but USA. I could not get anything but the seatpost clamp from the USA and this took me two different vendors from Ebay after the first one sent the no shipping to APO/FPO email. For a seat post clamp, and I was paying $23.00 and $8.00 shipping at that. Anyways I'd like to post the vendor for the latest straw that broke the camels back. As you all may know the list of vendors are all linked up with a common location and phone number.
Kingsmotorbikes
Gasbikes
rawmotors
Please let me know where I can find vendors that will support APO/FPO. We have a small group of interested folks at my location that would love to get into this however they do not want to waste the large portion of the deployment sourcing parts.

Last edited:

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
Hello,

I have found that for the most part vendors dealing with motorized bicycles are not all that supportive for military members deployed.
Our military has never had as much support and recognition and gratitude for our soldiers than this generation.

Anyways I'd like to post the vendor for the latest straw that broke the camels back. As you all may know the list of vendors are all linked up with a common location and phone number.
Kingsmotorbikes
Gasbikes
rawmotors
Correct, they all fall under the Iranian owned Nationwide Access blanket of distributors.
They have the 'best price' for useless failure prone 'cut corners crap.'

Please let me know where I can find vendors that will support APO/FPO. We have a small group of interested folks at my location that would love to get into this however they do not want to waste the large portion of the deployment sourcing parts.
The part you don't understand is how hard it is to ship engines overseas with Customs, not the address, regardless of your military status.

If you are expected to be there awhile and others want an MB kit too, I suggest you deal directly with distributors and get a cargo container of parts.

crazynaclh20

Feb 27, 2016
Djibouti
KCvale,
I hope you dont think I'm grouping all vendors together. Just sharing my experience with the listed. Keep in mind this was north of $12K as there are 9 of us so far. Already a few have given up as its the same ole thing, cant get parts for the initial build or up keep. I have yet to give up as I don't have a problem with spreading the word and sourcing other vendors.

crazynaclh20

Feb 27, 2016
Djibouti
Here is a bike I built with some pretty crude and basic set of tools.
The result was ordering parts from as many countries as possible because I could only get the seat post clamp and the ultra nice wood fenders (Woodys Fenders) from the USA. I have at least 15 emails for various parts from US vendors stating they would not ship to APO/FPO. Such a shame...

Attachments

KCvale

Feb 28, 2010
Phoenix,AZ
KCvale,
Keep in mind this was north of $12K as there are 9 of us so far.
So about a platoon of guys that all want to build an MB.
And of course have spare/replacement parts there too.

I might be able to help you fella's out as I have access to the good parts at wholesale buyer prices.
See you in PM to talk more.

crazynaclh20

Feb 27, 2016
Djibouti
Yeah, more like a heavy squad. We have a group of about 9-11 depending on the weather it seams. That being said we have access to the local dirt field and possibly some cones. The djiboutions have a big empty parking lots that might get used 1 or 2 times a year that we might venture out to. From the reaction I got from my pedal bike. It looks like I'm assisting with 3 or 4 other builds. I know when we go ripping up that dirt field with turney style racing more folks will get in on it. The French guys for sure. They are drawn to mopeds and scooters like moth to a flame.
I have OCD some times when it comes to building things. I cant stop til the product is exactly like whats in my head. Then once it is done I dream up something else and build that and so on.

crazynaclh20

Feb 27, 2016
Djibouti
Here are some pics of the $299 engine only you get from Jake's motorized bicycles in CA.
Notice the double drilled and threaded exhaust bolt hole. You can put the bolt in two ways straight or crooked. LOL these guys are not worth the money. You see two boxes as well. My family received the engine, spark plug, upgraded carb, magneto, intake in the smaller of the two. My family had to repack it in a larger box with way more packing material.
Notice the two boxes are both USPS priority mail boxes. Jake's told me that they could not send the engine to me as I was in FPO AE. USPS ships here as you can see. Then Jake's told me it wasn't worth their time to go to the post office.

Attachments