Hello from Truckee, CA

GoldenMotor.com

Ninja Turtle

Jul 21, 2015
Truckee, CA
What's happenin' guys?

New to the forum and motorized bikes. A buddy of mine had a couple that didn't run and he asked if I could help him out. I was blown away by how simple these bike kits are. I got his 2 bikes running in under 30mins and I was hooked.

Starting my first build today :)

xseler

Apr 14, 2013
OKC, OK
Howdy & welcome to the site!!

Yes, these things can be fun, addicting, tempermental, frustrating, and awesome............just like family members!

Best of luck in your journey.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Welcome to our community. It sounds as if you have a good grasp of how to troubleshoot already so you're well on your way to a successful build. However if you need any help or advice we're always here to offer assistance.

Keep us informed on your progress.

Tom

Ninja Turtle

Jul 21, 2015
Truckee, CA
Thanks guys!

Here's a pic of what I'm working with. The 2 on the left are my buddy's bikes. Both, in my opinion are in too bad of shape to ride.

I've tried convinced him to get a new bike without a coaster brake and some better components but he found a really good deal on this bike with a new set of 36spoke wheels for $100. He's tight on cash and these bikes are his only mode of transportation so I'm going to work with him until he can get some better parts.

Ninja Turtle

Jul 21, 2015
Truckee, CA
So looking around it seems a strap from the bottom of the muffler to the kickstand mount is the easiest way to attach the muffler to the frame.

No issues with the muffler cap coming loose like this?

I've already had to weld a new cap on one of his bikes because it kept falling off and he lost it.