66CC Skyhawk Engine Problems

GoldenMotor.com

Nachzehrer

May 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Hello all, I'd like to first begin with introduction, nice to meet you all, I'm a first motorized bike owner and need some assistance!
So I just bought this 66CC Engine motorized bike, and all has been well for the last 3 weeks however...
Since I've changed the oil (you have to Do a 25:1 gas and oil mixture as its 2 cycle) its been sputtering not turning on and then it stalls. Also I'm kinda a fiddler and I pushed the carb flick switch from up to down, however I haven't taken apart anything besides unhooking the ignition plug. Anywho, when I peddle to turn it on I engage the clutch, and then it starts like its trying to start however it wont engage it just sounds like a motorized sound and then when I try to apply pressure to the accelerator, nothing, gas doesn't engage, or anything then it stalls, does anyone have any similar problems with these type of cheap Chinese pieces of crap lol or am I going to have to go to a mechanic and see what he can figure out, its really weird.
Thanks again guys in advance!

crassius

Sep 30, 2012
USA
first, I'd change the mixture to 32:1 for normal riding

second, I think that 'flick switch' is your choke lever & may need to be up until the engine starts if your weather is cold

third, check all wiring connections to see if anything came loose

sub66

Apr 25, 2014
canada
magneto or perhaps it puked the seal under the magneto. pull the mag cover and look for liquid or shredded rubber. check spark aswell.

SuperDave

Sep 24, 2011
Panama City Beach, Fl. USA
I hope you didn't try to turn the motor over without the plug wire plugged in or grounded, if left open those magnetos have no place to discharge the current and they will burn out the CDI, if not the magneto windings. Happened to me, I learned that lesson the hard way. Does it even try to start at all or does it just go flat?

Nachzehrer

May 6, 2014
Victoria, BC
Yep turns on but it doesn't engage its so weird like ill peddle it'll start electrically sounding but no pumping sound of the gas its super odd....

JangAlang

May 8, 2014
illinois
When you pedaled to get it going, did it sound flat LIKE Super Dave suggested? Flat would suggest to me that it makes the sound of starting up but not turning over at all. I switched mufflers out on my 3 week old build with my old 9 month running MB and found out that my muffler was clogged even if it doesnt look like it. Just my personal experience...IF it works GREAT