Things that people say and do that bug the **** out of me

GoldenMotor.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
1. Name of the motor doesn't matter they're all the same Chinese motor. My response, no they're NOT at all. Some motors are rebuilt by sellers in the U.S, As a builder of several bikes even with the SAME kit, no two motors are alike. Run different, sound different, look the same. Some are even built better than others. 2. People making YouTube videos of motorized bicycles and doing tire burnouts, explaining the bike like they know everything about them and that they're junk. Well hello? You don't maintain it properly it's operator error. I've built many bikes over the last 3 years and wrecked only ONE motor that whole time...because I got it from a guy who had it before me who didn't take very good care of it all.Yes they're made in china but that doesn't mean they're all the SAME. By the way, this is just my viewpoint on this stuff I 'd like to hear other people's opinions as well. 3. People not disengaging the clutch and jerking the bike to a stop. Because of this reason i don't allow anyone to ride my bikes unless they have ridden they're own or have experience driving stick, or dirt bikes with manual clutches. I made a comment on YouTube to somebody and I wasn't trying to start a fight but I'm super scared he'll come back yelling at me calling me stupid even though he's the one saying they're all the same and doing a tire burnout one thinking it's funny. Nothing you can do though right? Any one agree or have anything to add? I really feel like in today's society, people don't take care of these, blow their motor from operator error and then blame the manufacturers coloring the motors as junk. that just pushes me beyond my limit! :p Drop a line guys, thanks! Feel free to add anything!

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
1. Name of the motor doesn't matter they're all the same Chinese motor. My response, no they're NOT at all.

Some motors are rebuilt by sellers in the U.S, !
Name the sellers that are rebuilding motors in the USA.

What are they doing to the motors to rebuild them?

The only person I know of that is rebuilding motors is Dave Rust
of ArrowMotorizedCycles.com

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Dax(ThatsDax) also rebuilds them. Bike berry uses Japanese roller bearings on the crank instead of using needle bearings or bushings.( my bike berry kits have outlived 3 years) One of my friends in Chicago port matches the exhaust and intakes. I've heard of other people doing it as well but I'm not sure how they go about doing it. Another thing is, just because it's from china doesn't mean it's crap. Some of the motors are low quality but some are better than others. That's what I have experienced as well as a Milwaukee resident who has built over 500 motorized bicycles.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
Since when does thatsdax ( Duane) re-build his engines?

I won't make any comment on the bikeberry engine with japanese ball bearings in the cranks...

Kioshk

Oct 21, 2012
Connecticut
Eh, don't let that crap bug you. YOU know how to care for your baby and enjoy riding her, right? Just go on doing that and let the idiots be idiots...no need to let them waste your time.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Duane tells me all his motors are good stuff made in the U.S and everyone I've known who have bought his kits have said they're awesome. As for the bike berry kit's I've seen the insides of the motors I know what's in there. I've seen the ebay motors too as well as the skyhawks.

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Dax(ThatsDax) also rebuilds them.
Dax does not rebuild the 2 stroke motors and I seriously doubt that the
box even gets opened before it is shipped out.
Daxs 2 stroke motors are not made in the USA as you claim in another post.

\Bike berry uses Japanese roller bearings on the crank instead of using needle bearings or bushings.
Bikeberry's motors are more or less the same as any other kit being
sold and they also do not open the box let alone "rebuild" their motors.

Bikeberry motors have needle bearings on the connecting rod just like
every other motor being sold these days.

No kit Chinese motors ever had needle bearings or bushings on the crank.
Roller bearings have always been used on the crankshaft even on old
motors made 4 or more years ago.

The Chinese made bearings that come in most kits are just fine on a non
race motor.

Some of the older kits had bushings on the connecting rod but all the
kits being sold now have needle bearings there.

Re: Things that people say and do that bug the **** out of me
How about.....
New guys that think that a Chinese motor was made in the USA and that sellers are rebuilding the Chinese motors that they are selling. :D

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
I don't know what to tell you, I know he doesn't lie. One of my friends bought a kit from him and he loves it. Not trying to start anything with you or anything, but think what you'd like. I can't say yes or no as to if his kits are american made or not.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Well look at you, quoting me calling me a liar. Chinese or not, they're different from other motors I've built over 35 bicycles with several different motors my friend in Greendale has built over 500 and has her own business selling them, I'm friends with a local small engine mechanic and other mechanics in the area as well. I can tell which ones are good and which ones arent. Some of my friends even bore their cylinders.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
I never "called you a liar". Still, they aren't made in America, no matter what you believe.

Now you're like **** on a farm, all over the place.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
Duane tells me all his motors are good stuff made in the U.S
Complete BS.

The F80 motor shown on http://thatsdax.com may show a
Made in USA sticker on it but it is made in China and has NO
modifications to it by Dax here in the US.

None of the motors sold by thatsdax are made in the USA.

No small motors are made in the USA for a very long time except
for maybe some Briggs motors but I don't think that is the case anymore.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Changing the bearings is not the same as 'Made In America'
That's just one thing I do. Sure the castings are made in china but that doesnt mean all of the internal parts are Chinese. As for the person calling me a liar about the builder of 500 bikes. I've seen them, I've seen sales she's been at is since 2005. It's not impossible to create your own castings either. It's very difficult but if you really wanted to I'm sure you could.

Last edited:

MotorBicycleRacing

Jul 28, 2010
SoCal Baby!!!
www.facebook.com
I don't know what to tell you, I know he doesn't lie. One of my friends bought a kit from him and he loves it. Not trying to start anything with you or anything, but think what you'd like. I can't say yes or no as to if his kits are american made or not.
If Dax told you his motors are made in the USA especially the
one with the Made in USA sticker on it he lied.

You have to be pretty naive to believe that this Chinese motor is made in the USA.

Donavan321

Sep 27, 2012
Appleton, Wisconsin
Even if he's lying about the motor being made in the U.S, it's still on the UPPER end of motors. None of the motors I've had have ever been the same. Not all of them turn out to be the same, the worst motor kit that was complete worthless junk was bought off of kings motorbikes. BUT that could just be, the guy who previously owned the kit wasn't mixing his fuel right and had the carburetor tuned wrong(CNS). I have bought several motors/kits. Some are built more durable then others. They're not all 100% exactly the same. They may look the same but some work more well than others. I've even gotten some 66cc motors that have less power than 48cc motors. Even with upgrade parts, the stock 48 was faster than some of them. I also believed that the made in U.S was too good to be true as well, the only reason I said that at all was because the "claimed to be made in U.S) motors outlived their other motor friends. Each one is different call me a liar, say I'm lying but out of every bicycle I have built no two have been exactly the same, some are faster, some last longer, some have less power, just the way it is.

jji7skyline

Jan 15, 2013
Australia
Most kits are the same (similar), except very rare cases. For example Rocksolidengines in australia who rebuild their engines and replace with quality bolts and stuff before selling them. I don't know of any vendor in USA that does this. Other than these kits, and the branded kits which concentrate more on performance than quality, most engines are same (similar).

I used to stall my bike to stop it, but instead of jerking my bike to a stop, I disengaged the clutch, came to a rolling stop, then engaged it. That was before I worked out my kill switch. I believe the stalling way is better for the engine because the kill switch pretty much short circuits everything to stop the engine, plus it tends to flood the engine:confused:.