went to a swap meet ..WOWOW !

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I took my bikes to a swap meet in pittsburgh an ,You folks need to see this place to believe it , I had some email correspondence with the owner of Bicycle Heaven near downtown Pitt , had a lot to do in the morning on sunday an got there late , great swap meet many great folks a few other mb'ers , but thats besides the point OH MY LORD he has an incredible collection of bikes ,parts,an just you name it . so heres a link to the facebook page for bicycle heaven pittsburgh this place covers 2 floors the walls an ceilings of a warehouse an you could never see them all , I felt like a junky having an overdose just walking around !
Gary
http://www.facebook.com/pages/Bicycle-Heaven/102283623199515

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
That is cool, Gary. It's good to see those old classics displayed with some respect. I'd like to spend a day in there myself. How's his prices?

There's a place in Denver that probably has a bigger collection but the problem is the the bikes are all in piles. Stacked on top of each other, six and eight bikes deep. The back yard, the building next door and the basements are all crammed with bikes of every vintage. He has some really old and great stuff but I think he's a horder because his prices are off the wall high even though he has a lot to choose from. $700.00 for a rusty Roy Rogers bike with no back wheel or handlebars. That's ridiculous.

The place you went to looks a lot better. I'm envious.

Tom

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
OH Tom his bikes are put out in nice displays ... on the second floor its just amazing , I swear Deb an I just walked in circles for over an hour you'd get a good look at one an then notice one you somehow missed in the back ground .
an his prices for the classics down in the store front arent bad your pic of any one of the lemon peeler schwinns for 200 bucks I think tere was about 7 of them , an they were really clean bikes .
Gary

JonnyR

May 13, 2012
ronkonkoma, new york
i would love to see some of these places the shops around here are all newer stuff there is a old guy with some vintage bikes but hes far and dosent sell normally

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Gary, I've wanted to see that place. Been buying stuff from them for a couple years on e-bay. Good products and service.
Dan