hello all im another newbie

GoldenMotor.com

Koupe88

Feb 19, 2012
St pete
im doing some shoping around lookin to get me a nice setup goin i want to do a 29er i would love to have disc breaks front and back im abou 300 pounds so i need a bike to hold me now with that being sed what motor kit should i get i seen 80cc,62cc 2 and 4 strokes i just dont wanna buy a kit and gotta chang everything in the kit to get it right i want it to be good across the board any help would be nice thanx
brnotbrnot

takeitez

Dec 19, 2011
Clayton Missouri
The in frame 2 stroke kits are really basic and the only thing that I have in it that is original is the engine itself and the tensioner and a lot of people think I am crazy for using it.

The two strokes have more power and are more basic while the four strokes are more reliable. You can get a rear mounted system that has a 2 stroke that will pull you and be reliable but a lot of people just don't like the look of it. Before buying anything read up on it on this forum and see if it will do what you want it to do.

What are you planning on using the bike for?

You are in the right place and I am sure you will find a setup that will work for you well.

NEAT TIMES

May 28, 2008
PENSACOLA, FL
Koupe

Welcome to this cool forum. After buying about 40 mab motors of all types and assembling several, which are all fun little machines, I would recomend a 4 stroke utillity engine. Getting very populer now. Lots of great 4 stroke builds on here -CCC, AGK, Cobrafreak and many more. Do some reading before you jump! It is confusing, too many options!! lol.

I will be starting my next diy build as soon as other projects are finished. At least a month away. It will be a Chrome Stretch Cruiser that I bought for $50 in 2009. Recently bought a 160cc 5 hp OHC Honda for $75, but it is too tall for the stock frame.

Recently bough a 140cc Honda clone with the angled cyclinder that runs perfectly for $50 of Craigs List.

Have it all planned in my head to be a no-weld build, have most of the parts in hand. No drilling of holes in the frame, Bicycle paint not damaged. Maybe only 8 hole`s drilled in the motor mount rails. Will be a very solid and dependable MAB. It is sorta like a "Cannonball2 " = he is a great builder. cheap and easy builds= one of his cool threads.

Was thinking primary and secondary belt drive with manual hand clutch with Jackshaft. Already have Workman HD front wheel with drum brake, will use it. Have a couple Heavy Duty Mongoose Electric bike rear wheel`s with left hand freewheel bearings/sprocket adapter`s so will go with secondary chain for now.

May go with the Gokart type CVT complete unit. My weight is about the same as yours.
My favorite current build is a diy Shifter with the 49cc Titan from dax. With the the derailer gears it is a real machine. Once you have cvt or gears you will prefer them.

The motor mount sketch will be changed, it will use two steel angle irons for the main mount rails. Even though the seat tube and down tube are very different diameters the width of my weld mounts are the same, no table saw mod needed. Had all the alum pieces cut for a few kits, but will go with the steel rails (paint them chrome to blend with the frame.

Am planing on removing the fan shroud and flywheel fins, installing a moded alum pulley for a rope starter to keep it as narrow as poss.

Sorry for the rant, but it may give you ideas

Ron

Attachments

Koupe88

Feb 19, 2012
St pete
See I'm a noobee and your throwing out some lingo I don't know
Lol like cvt ,hand clutch or jack shaft lololololol it's kool I'll get it it's.
Funny coz when on my rc forms newbies ask about our lingo too

Saddletramp1200

Custom MB Buiilder
May 7, 2008
Houston, Texas
Koupe, Welcome to THE Forum. You weigh to much for a standard bike. I weigh 210, + a motor and gas the bikes we have today 250lbs is Max. Look for a Giant or a Roland frame/Bicycle! Not being mean, just the way it is. The Motor kits don't seem to care. 66cc 2 stroke will pull very nice. So will a 50 4/stroke. (c)

Koupe88

Feb 19, 2012
St pete
Mean naa im mean lol that is my first thing to look for a good strong bike I just seen a 29er looks real strong but now im looky looing this form im thinkin good strong 26 mt bike with disc front brake and im lookin for a hd rear 36 spoke wheel I see lookin around all the fancy 21 speeds are being removed so im not gonna go and get a new 29er to strip it im glad I found this form