new enthusiast lookin for some fun!

GoldenMotor.com

cantera

Jan 25, 2012
concord, CA
Hello my new friends. I've always thought of a bicycle with an engine and until yesterday I did not know people did this often (not that this is some crazy or original idea)
I thought i would give this a try and I have already came up on my bike and engine, both freebies! Unfortunately my internet stopped working and I'm doing this on my phone so research is not that easy. If my engine and bike won't be compatible please let me know, and any advice is very much appreciated! PleAd give me all the details about brakes and all that good stuff =]

cantera

Jan 25, 2012
concord, CA
I wad trying to figure out how to post pictures from my phone but its not easy I guess haha. I have an old 5speed beach cruiser and a 5.5hp craftsman engine from a pressure washer. I'd like to keep it a 5 speed but I'm new to this, I don't think that the engine has a clutch (not sure if 2strokes do usually).
I was planning on a kit from sickbikeparts.com

Last edited:

cantera

Jan 25, 2012
concord, CA
Im still trying to.figure out how from my phone, but I'm excited to get that bad boy on it!
Just another little thing about me, my daily driver is a rotary so this is sort of my first piston engine haha

DaveC

Jul 14, 2010
Boise, ID
...ummm, yeah. You won't be able to ride that motor on the street without a lot of extra expense, including insurance. It's waaaay over the 50 cc limit and trust me, the police will be all over you.

It's one thing to go with a 66 cc Chinese motor but they are externally identical to the 50's. A big 4 stroke like that will get you into a lot of trouble. Fast..duh.

Dan

Staff
May 25, 2008
Moosylvania
That big an engine, if ya still wanna use it, would work well as a pusher. Just a thought. Would make it easy to disguise.

Is funny, there was a discussion just yesterday on posting pics from a cell phone. The only way I personally have found was to upload to photobucket then copy and paste it here. But I email it to my self on a PC. Just found this; http://photobucket.com/mobile/apps/android/#android I am gonna try it now but cant vouch for it.

Build some thing cool! (and post lots of pics, lol)

cantera

Jan 25, 2012
concord, CA
Nevermind that last post. I think I'm misunderstanding how these kits work, and I've decided I'm going to attempt to use the 5.5 i already have.
I'll post more pics of the engine once i remove it from that crappy stand.