GT2-A frame

GoldenMotor.com

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Ok just checking in with a stupid scratch that an uneducated question looking to put a monark springer front end on this build but with the 1 1/8th inch fork tube do they make one for the larger size fork tube or spacers to make up the difference ?

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
WOW another painful finding went to mock up rear tire and NO way will the one off my curzer fit!
Can anybody point me into the right direction for a rim that will ?
The rim off a mountain bike does ? but want to stay with coaster brake rim (bought the adapter) for hub drive chain
Sure glad I started early on this project might be a long PAINFULL $$$$ build good thing is it will be OBMF when I get her done

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
Any help is good help (kinda)when you need it thanks !Ive looked at both still looking for some spec to make sure I can make it work seeing the head tube is not normal size working on finding the right parts ONE PIECE AT A TIME I GUESS aint going to be a cheep build but if everything goes right should be OBMFMB Thanks for the help !

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
Why wont your cruiser rims fit? You could always re-lace a MTB rim with a coaster brake hub. I have done that..I actually have a set of Alex dbl wall mtb rims with a Shimano coaster hub and stainless spokes I built last spring I was going to list in swap-n-shop.

nastygramus

Feb 25, 2011
NE illinois
The hub for the cruzer rim is to narrow/short with the nuts all the way out you put it on one side and the other just touches the inside ? looking into a HD rim set up waiting for a response from the vendor

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
I saw those frames are available with 110 or 135 mm spacing on the drop-outs...sounds like you got the 135mm for multi speed hub.

chainmaker

Jan 19, 2010
Ma USA
If it was a steel frame you could probabally coherse the dropouts together but I guess aluminum doesnt respond well to bending. Either a hub swap ( Im pretty sure the shimano nexxus hub is 135mm and some guys are making hub adapters for those) and you can get them with a coaster brake. That means new spokes, a hub, and adapter. Or you can order an axel for one and rebuild your hub and replace the axel with the longer one. Good luck keep us informed on how it goes.