Cruiser Build

GoldenMotor.com

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey
Cruiser Custom

Its a Schwinn 66cc kit with billet intake, pocket bike pipe, high performance air filter, replaced fuel shut off and filter. speed carb, Got rid of the white walls and painted the rims silver. any questions please ask.

Last edited:

LS614

Dec 22, 2009
CT and MA
Good looking bike, you've got something fun that you can be proud of :) The two things I see are both safety concerns. I hate to tell you this, but since the beginning of time coaster brakes have secretly hated humans, and one day yours will show you how much it hates you. Better to get some good brakes. The fenders are the same way, they are like tigers, waiting to eat your face, tame them with heavy duty hardware rotfl, seriously though. Do those things or you'll get hurt.

SlowBalt

Mar 8, 2010
Rhode Island
I recommend new wheels and a sprocket adapter. Those stock wheels won't hold up.
Also the rag joint sprocket mount will eat the wheel bearings if it's not mounted perfect..
Husky and worksman wheels are supper heavy duty,and they both offer front drum brakes.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
what the **** are you talking about? I was saying that about my back wheel.
LOLlaff He just miss understood what you were talking about....Ok here is my 2 cents on what needs to be done to your bike(its a great looking ride by the way)I like how you polished the side covers....

Ok first off,those fenders are going to kill you....they are a single hanger and you need fenders that are double hangers(that is were there are 2 sets of hangers coming down from the fenders that atatch to the bolts on by the tires....I had one bike were the back tab broke and it sent me sliding for 50 yards,I got lucky and wasent hurt....Go to your local bike shop and you can get a nice chrome pair of balloon double hanger fenders for around 35 bucks or so(they look super sweet and super thick and last forever)....

Second thing the rims have to go,expecially the back one becouse it will never hold up,(you can get away with leaving the front one alone if your straped for cash)The back one will bend,break spokes and cause you nothing but headeaches.....Your local bike shop will have a heavyduty back rim for around 50.00....I have a pair of 12 gauge heavyduty rims on mine now and they have been there for 2 years and are still like new and I drive over pot holes and everything going 20 to 30 mph....

Now the next suggestion is just cosmetic....Your gastank is way to far back,it looks goofy,if you want to get that cool motorcyle look move it up to the handlebars were it belongs and it will look much cooler....
John

P.S. on my back heavy duty coaster break rim,I use just that for breaking and it has lasted great and breaks perfect....I do have a front break,but never ever have to use it....

Last edited:

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey
yea I moved the gas tank last night, Im going to get a 1 gallon tank for it. the back wheel will have to wait because by the time I get the wheel and the brake system it will be 100 bucks. will the stock brake bolt on?? Maybe this winter. thanks for the comments, and advise. .flg.

fall_down_stand_up

Apr 26, 2009
granbury
yea I moved the gas tank last night, Im going to get a 1 gallon tank for it. the back wheel will have to wait because by the time I get the wheel and the brake system it will be 100 bucks. will the stock brake bolt on?? Maybe this winter. thanks for the comments, and advise. .flg.
What do you mean when you ask if the stock break will bolt on?If you just go buy a heavyduty 12 gauge coaster break for the back tire for 50 bucks,it will bolt right on,you might have to bend the coaster break arm a little bit to get it to were you want it....Oh ya and the heavyduty rim has much better guts on the coaster break and wont lockup on you and start grinding....Ive been using mine for 2 years daily and it works great....
John

Arnie

Dec 25, 2010
Wrightstown,New Jersey
ok nice I going to get it but just have to save some money, I want the big tank but its a little pricey. might just make something. Im a little strapped for cash.