Motorcycle parts being used?

GoldenMotor.com

bairdco

a guy who makes cool bikes
Aug 18, 2009
living the dream in southern california
i've got a steel 30t sprocket from a Harley/Aermacchi and a Tomasselli Super Pratic B 1/4 turn throttle.

i've also got a vintage, NOS dellorto carb from some italian bike, but haven't made a manifold for it yet.

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
I've heard (seen?) someone mention using the dual-pull brake lever frm a four-wheeler, but ya hafta keep an eye on handlebar sizes - motorcycles tend to be a hair larger OD.

Bikeguy Joe

Godfather of Motorized Bicycles
Jan 8, 2008
up north now
i've got a steel 30t sprocket from a Harley/Aermacchi and a Tomasselli Super Pratic B 1/4 turn throttle.

i've also got a vintage, NOS dellorto carb from some italian bike, but haven't made a manifold for it yet.

I have a NOS Super Practic B and the set of new old stock bars that it came on. The bars look like low rise ape hangers, not something I am into, I just bought it all together. The throttle is very well built and should last a lifetime....now if I can just put it to use.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Motorcycle fuel tanks are common. The smaller 50 to 80 cc dirt bikes have some really nice looking tanks that adapt easily to bicycles.
Tom

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
My chopper uses handle bars off of an old honda street bike my stepdad trashed. The clutch and throttle are all from that bike. They look like small ape hangers on my bike. I was still able to use the stock OCC handle grips, but let me tell ya it was no easy task to get them on.

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
Joe, i have 5 of them, with the Verlicchi bars, NOS. the bars are too big for my tastes, but if you grind off the lever perches, they work great for lay-back seatposts;).

the throttles are awesome (not cheap, though.) they're 1/4 turn with amazing response. takes a little getting used to compared to the plastic kit POS, but once you do, it's one of those things you wonder how you did without it for so long.

Attachments

Last edited:

bairdco

Aug 18, 2009
i've also got this head off a Harley/Aermacchi something or other. same bolt pattern, but check out the squish band! (stock head's on the right)

i need a longer plug and longer studs to use it, though. dunno why i don't just go get the stuff and try it out. had the thing for 6 months now...