And they said it couldnt be done(full suspension)

GoldenMotor.com

themcgyvr

Oct 28, 2008
new mexico
Hello all.
I'm new to the forum but not new to motorized bicycles.
Have no idea when these China motors came out but I have been using them for a couple of years now. My latest build is a full suspension bike. What a pleasure to ride. I am pretty happy with the way it turned out although there were some obstacles to overcome. The hardest of them was keeping the chain from bunching up in the motor when engaging the clutch to start it.. Here are some pic.s to show how I overcame the problem.

Attachments

wheelbender6

Sep 4, 2008
TX
I think it's great that you both are using early suspension bikes. The newer suspension bikes have no room in the frame for a china motor.

themcgyvr

Oct 28, 2008
new mexico
Hello Ghost0, I was wondering how the jackshaft kit was working out for you? That at first seemed to be my only option with the frame I had but I wanted to keep two seperate drive trains in case of chain breakage. Also, I wanted to keep the weight down as much as possible. Mine weighs 60 lbs; full of gas, 39 mph with a 40 tooth rear sprocket and can climb a 10% grade hill without pedaling. You seem to know your stuff. I was wondering if you knew where to get a 9 or an 11 tooth front sprocket for these chinas? It would be a lot easier to change gear ratios without taking off the back wheel every time. I appreciate any input you may have.
Nice build you did there.
Keep the rubber side down!

Ghost0

Mar 7, 2008
Bellingham, WA
Shift Kit is great, eliminated a lot of the problems you had to deal with your chain tensioner and the chain coming loose when starting the bike. Obviously you have overcome those so nice job. You can't beat the ability to change gears on the fly, especially when riding trails. Mine weighs in at 61 pounds with half a tank. I understand your concern about separate drive trains but to be honest if you carry one spare bike chain and a chain breaker you will never be stranded.

I don't know of anyone that makes anything other than the stock 10 tooth output sprocket for the engine.

Thanks for the compliment and it has been a kick to ride in the dirt. I does excellent wheelies in first gear. You can see me riding it around a dirt track on our website if you care to take a look.