parts advice

GoldenMotor.com

Howardgf

Sep 27, 2015
NM
I have a 84 Suzuki 125 fork on the way, and an old? Murray frame in sandblasting. Can anyone tell me what , or where to find parts to join these two? Races, cups, adapters, etc? Thanks much for the help.

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Unless someone has done the exact job it will be hard to tell you precisely what parts you'll need. Obviously a lot will depend on stem diameter and length, head diameter and length, type of bearings that were used on both the bike and the doner motorcycle.

This is going to be a mix and match job and until you have the fork in hand you won't know what you'll need to couple the two pieces.

Maybe there is someone who is familiar with the the Suzuki and can offer some suggestions and they'll chime in. Otherwise, good luck. It sounds like an interesting project. What are you doing for a rear wheel?

Tom

Howardgf

Sep 27, 2015
NM
Hi Tom. while reading opinions here, I decided to replace clutch, crank, and wrist pin bearings, with US parts, before running, so my original steampunk / Huffy build went on hold. In the mean time I got an old Murray frame from the dump and got fascinated with a BTR-ish, Briggs flathead, build. So, now I have two piles of stuff, and still no ride.
Just came in from stripping the dump Murray for blasting. Sand's damp, so no blasting tonight , but I did get to try the tree on the head. It looks like MAYBE the bicycle races will mate with the Suzuki races. Too much to ask, but who knows. I'd rather use rollers, but not for any practical reason. This thing isn't going too far, it's just a nostalgic noise maker. SO, time to warm up with a beer, or two, and look for bearing swap how to's. Cheers, H.