plugs & oil

GoldenMotor.com

pat conroy

Oct 8, 2010
allyn wa. usa
I have a question about spark plugs what ngk plug is appropriate for the skyhawk 60 cc engine and a input on 2cycle oil that you can purcase at small engine shops brands and ratio of oil to gas mixture for a usa gallon of gas.

thanks

bandit143728

Aug 12, 2010
Daytona Beach Florida
Good question there are many posts on this site that will tell you which NGK plugs are combatable with your engine, I am still testing a bunch of plugs to see which gives the best overall performance.

Most of us feel that a good brand of 2 cycle oil or a synthetic brand will work the best, I am using amsoil brand that seems to work very well, I have included a link to an online fuel to oil ratio calculator that I use and it works very well it will tell you how much oil to use with any amount of gas, also try to avoid a cheap brand and dont use straight motor oil.

Most agree that a 16 or 18 to 1 ratio for break in and 25 to 28 to one for running after breakin, again look at the different sections of this forum and you can get an Idea of the correct ratio to use.

Hope this helps you out

email me if you have any questions I will try my best to help

Gas Oil Mixture Ratio Calculator

BarelyAWake

Jul 21, 2009
Maine
...erm, a minor correction to the above - most agree that the 16:1 or 18:1 ratio for break in is incredibly excessive and is a(nother) mistake in the instructions.

Most folks seem content with a more reasonable 32:1 with any quality non-synthetic (more for break in is optional and debated), with a synthetic such as Amsoil, you're best off following whatever the oil manufacturer recommends for their product as excessively rich premix ratios can lead to ash & carbon buildup & degrade performance.

Quick n'easy for the plug on a 66cc Skyhawk would be the NGK B6HS or the BR6HS (R = resistor for reducing interference w/radio/digital speedometer) BTW :D

Last edited: