why would it run fast?

GoldenMotor.com

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
so i rode my bike to work today and it was all good. then on the way home, it seemed to want to rev. cruising along half throttle and pull in the clutch let off the gas and it wants to stay at that half throttle, idling very fast. turned the idle way down and it still kept wanting to maintain the rev. I only have 100 miles on this new whip... anyone know?
jeff

Ilikeabikea

Jan 27, 2008
Ptown, Texas
It could be the throttle cable needs adjusting. Check it at the carb and make sure it is not vibrating out. That would keep the throttle partially open. It could be an intake leak. These engines are notorious for that.........................

Motoschwinn

Jun 27, 2008
Independence MO
so i rode my bike to work today and it was all good. then on the way home, it seemed to want to rev. cruising along half throttle and pull in the clutch let off the gas and it wants to stay at that half throttle, idling very fast. turned the idle way down and it still kept wanting to maintain the rev. I only have 100 miles on this new whip... anyone know?
jeff
So you are just on your second tank?

TCBCustoms

Jul 20, 2008
Same here, if theres and air leak its running very lean, I would fix it before it causes damage!

jf30cp

Jun 23, 2008
ok boys you were right. The gasket seal i put on the intake where the carb clamps down broke loose. So I took it off and cleaned up all the left over gasket sealer and re-sealed it...let it set up for abour 4 hours and ran it again...works great now! thanks guys!