when is it to low?

GoldenMotor.com

tilted

May 17, 2009
san diego california
this is the first bike i built.a low rider should sit low right?you have to keep the cranks level when you turn or the pedals hit the ground,but you get used to it.anybody else have anything low?lets check em' out.

Attachments

ryan2249

Apr 10, 2009
Visalia, CA
my bikes not that low, but maybe you can find some shorter cranks arms, just in case for that one time you turn and dont keep your cranks level :)

smokindawg

Sep 27, 2008
Very nice.......... this is my first and I wanted low setting, but didn't want a pedal dragger. I'm in the process of working on the engine mount now.

I'll be putting a different seat on it too, as I just put that one on to see how it rides....... rides great, but feels a bit funny when turning.

I also bought a 26 tooth sprocket and the adapter for mounting it to the hub from Manic Mechanic and wow........ great stuff. I'll have it together and ready to ride soon.

Deadend

Aug 19, 2009
ca
this is the first bike i built.a low rider should sit low right?you have to keep the cranks level when you turn or the pedals hit the ground,but you get used to it.anybody else have anything low?lets check em' out.
Looks awesome ! Mr. UPS man dropped off my little bundle of chinesse cc and ive got some beater cruisers that i have been on the fence about taking to get sand blasted so i can paint ( i have enough room to paint, but i dont have a media station :( )

And i was just about to make a thread asking : Where do you find a frame (exactly like the one you have) ? Closest i've found is :

I'm shooting for a mexicano lowrider - but with a german theme :rofl: I live in so cal, so the contrast would be quite hilarious (not making fun of culture, just would be a bavarian themed lowrider - ultra juxaposition)

long story short - that bike is tits man - where did you get the frame :D

dnut

h0tr0d

Mar 23, 2008
Cool bike. Make a longer bracket for the spring so you get the suspension part back. Put some BMX cranks on there. 12 bucks and 2.5" shorter. That's what I did.

sojudave

Oct 18, 2008
austin tx
my defunct chopper project called molotov was 3.5-4" off the ground but I scrapped the frame. I dig your bike it's real slick. BTW how are those forks working out for you?