New Style Carburetor

GoldenMotor.com

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
Has anyone had a chance to try out the new style carburetor on
the SkyHawk Gt-5 69cc yet. I was checking out my carburetor from
the SkyHawk Gt-5 and it looks like it would flood a river out of the
carburetor if you should happen to run into a carburetor problem..
So I ordered the old style carburetor from Dax's till I get my GT-5
broke in. I will try the new style carburetor then but I would like
to hear from HT builders that are experiance them.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
I have 2 of the newer carbs that come with Grubee kits as well as a replacement I bought from Dax. I have only used the newer style and I bought the dax one for parts.

Visually they look the same except the fuel inlet on the newer one and the addition of a shut off. The slide diameter on the new style was 14.97 an Dax was 14.48mm. I guess I'll try the dax today as I have had a fair amount of 4 stroking with 2 of the newer style carbs. Thanks for pointing it out...i thought they were the same.

Charged-Reacter

Dec 12, 2008
west-central Illinois
My gas line that I use to hook up to the fuel inlet on the old style carburetor
will not even come close to going over the lip of the new style carburetor inlet
valve. That has me thinking about these new type carburetors.

bseelbach

Jul 19, 2009
USA
The fuel line that came with my kit (and newer style carb) was the same way. Aco,Ace or Home Depot usually have 2' pre packaged clear line in the mower section for $2.50. It fits well. Heck you can probably get it on clearance this time of year. I use hose clamps at every splice just to make sure.

furament

May 31, 2009
ontaro
ya mine sems t 4 stroke alot with the new carborator but if u take out the shutoff on it u can run 18 copper fule line to it with some compression fittings turns out the fule line they send just wont fit happy over the new nipple but whatever

AslansMonkey

Oct 2, 2008
The new style carburetor has a bowl gasket on it. Looks like it would
work for the old style carburetor bowl. I know the plastic floats are the same size.
Definitely the floats are the same size. I have had the floats fill up on both of the new style carbs I have (2 different bikes) and I've replaced them with the floats from the old carbs I had sitting around.