Worksman Drop Loop Frame BTR

GoldenMotor.com

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Hey everybody we have some very talented artist's / builder's here in our Forum.

I have a couple questions for my fellow members that desire a period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Board Track Racer!

Question #1
If this one or more person's steps forward to modify a worksman frame to a Drop Loop Frame, for the period correct look. Would you purchase one?

Post your Answer for Question #1 & let's show how much interest there is amongst our forum member's for this to happen!

Question #2
If this person or person's offer's the gas tank in two version's, one being the torpedo or cylinder style of an Indian or Cyclone, and second gas tank version being the style of an Harley or Excelsior BTR style, for a period correct look. Would you purchase one, and what style would you prefer?

Post your Answer for Question #2 & let's show how much interest there is amongst our forum member's for this to happen!

This Worksman Modified Drop Loop Framed Tribute Indian BTR is setup for a 2-stroke motor!

This Worksman Modified Drop Looped Framed Tribute Harley-Davidson is owned by forum member:SeattleRider!

This Worksman Modified Drop Loop Framed Tribute Cyclone BTR is setup with a faux v-twin motor!

This Worksman Modified Drop Loop Framed Tribute Excelsior-Henderson BTR is setup for a 2-stroke motor!

These Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer's are available but they are expensive to say the least.

Maybe we can coax some of our talented Custom Worksman builder's here in our forum, to produce these bike's complete Modified Drop Loop Frame & your choice of Harley-Davidson style gas tank or Cyclone, Indian style gas tank, oh almost forgot and the tool box as well!

So post your answer's and least see if these builder's want to step up to the plate!

Peace Crazy Horse.

sportscarpat

Bonneville Bomber the Salt Flat record breaker
Jun 25, 2009
california
Crazyhorse,
You have been at this for awhile and I have to give you credit for being persistant. Maybe you should offer a solid "order" for five frame and tank packages to anyone that can produce them. You can organize the five serious guys it would take to place the order. Manufacturers could then bid on the project. I'll place a bid.

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Crazy Horse,
I see that a couple of the versions have a rear drop stand which I think should also be offered. If I may ask, how is the stop done for these? On old frames that came with a drop stand there is a little flare out at the dropout which the stand rides up against in the down position. I think it contributes a lot to the "look". Someone should be making these as there is a lot of interest in the Worksman Board Tracker.
SB

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Crazyhorse,
You have been at this for awhile and I have to give you credit for being persistant. Maybe you should offer a solid "order" for five frame and tank packages to anyone that can produce them. You can organize the five serious guys it would take to place the order. Manufacturers could then bid on the project. I'll place a bid.
Crazy Horse,
I see that a couple of the versions have a rear drop stand which I think should also be offered. If I may ask, how is the stop done for these? On old frames that came with a drop stand there is a little flare out at the dropout which the stand rides up against in the down position. I think it contributes a lot to the "look". Someone should be making these as there is a lot of interest in the Worksman Board Tracker.
SB

Sportscarpat,

Silverbear,

Thanks for your reply's SportscarPat & Silverbear!

And if I may say so yes Pat you are one of the talented Artist's / Builder's who I hoped would post something positive to this thread, regarding period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer's with the two different style gas tanks & tool boxes.

So there you have it folks one very talented Artist /Builder willing to place a bid on building up Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer's Awesome Pat!

Now we need 5-person's interested in putting their money where their text / post is.

Question #1
If you are interested in bidding on producing these period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer's please post your interest here!

Question #2
If you'd like to purchase one of these period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer's, please post your interest here!

Show your interest for a period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer.

Post your answer's and let's make this a reality.

One builder has responded with a bid and of charge $1800 plus shipping USA only for the bike of your choice with your choice of the following power option's,
Electric motor front hub,
Piston Powered 2-stroke Engine Kit motor,
Human Powered Pedal only.

This first bidder builder also offer's a complete bike without the 2-stroke motor & charges $900 for tank, frame and wheels. Again this builder is offering a complete bike like the Indian pictured below without the 2-stroke motor! The wheels are Worksman gripper rims with 12-gauge spokes.

This first bidder offers your choice of Cyclone, Indian, Harley-Davidson, Excelsior-Henderson period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Board Track Racer, with the following power options Electric motor front hub , 2-Stroke Engine Kit for $1800.00 plus shipping.

This pedal only Period Correct Looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Indian is $900.00 + shipping

This 2-stroke powered period correct looking Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Indian Board Track Racer is $1800.00 + shipping

These builds above are built with the Stock Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruiser, then modified by extending the top two horizontal bars, and then removing straight down tube, and then replacing it with a Drop Loop down tube, thereby giving a period correct look to the bike.

This first bidder also offers a Tribute Build in the Style of a 1909 Harley-Davidson Road Racer with your choice of the following power options Electric motor front hub , 2-Stroke Engine Kit for $1800.00 + shipping pictured below.
This build use's the Stock Worksman Tall Cruiser, and is then modified by extending the top two horizontal bars, and then removing straight down tube, and then replacing it with a Drop Loop down tube, thereby giving a period correct look to the bike.

This Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Tribute Cyclone has a Faux ( Non-Functional ) V-Twin motor, and is Human Pedal Powered only, this style sell's for $1800.00 + shipping

Last edited:

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
As much as I like these bikes I just can't justify spending $1800. I bought my Worksman for just over $300. So I ask myself is it worth spending an additional $1500 bucks for a tank and looped frame?

I understand the talent and work involved with these modified frames and tanks but like I say.... I just can't justify an additional $1500.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
As much as I like these bikes I just can't justify spending $1800. I bought my Worksman for just over $300. So I ask myself is it worth spending an additional $1500 bucks for a tank and looped frame?

I understand the talent and work involved with these modified frames and tanks but like I say.... I just can't justify an additional $1500.

There are currently two ways to purchase these period correct look Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Board Track Racer's.

$900.00 purchase price is for non-motorized, This first bidder builder also offer's a complete bike without the 2-stroke motor & charges $900 for tank, frame and wheels. Again this builder is offering a complete bike like the Indian pictured below without the 2-stroke motor! The wheels are Worksman gripper rims with 12-gauge spokes.

Here is the non-motorized period correct look Worksman Modified Drop Loop Frame Board Track Racer Tribute Harley-Davidson. This bike is forum member SeattleRider's ! This bike also sell's for $900.00

$1800.00 purchase price:
The motorized version is $1800 plus shipping USA only for the bike of your choice with your choice of the following power option's,
Electric motor front hub,
Piston Powered 2-stroke Engine Kit motor.

Here's the 2-stroke Excelsior-Henderson this bike sell's for $1800.00 + shipping

Here's my stock Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruiser

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA

RedB66,

I agree with your opinion $1800.00 is a steep price, but for a period correct drop loop frame and ready to ride Tribute Board Track Racer bicycle, it is an available option for those who have the resource's $$$$$.

In my opinion they have the true correct look of the original Board Track Racer's, if you are gonna build a tribute and call it a Board Track Racer, wouldn't most agree that it resemble the originals frame & tank! Just a thought.

Peace Crazy Horse.

camlifter

May 4, 2009
acme labs marion ohio
if you do the math those prices aren't really that high, if he's using automotive type paint plus that looks like a brooks seat, add in the cost of the tanks and modding the frame and the white tires, he's not making much off them, not a bad deal for someone not able to build there own.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
if you do the math those prices aren't really that high, if he's using automotive type paint plus that looks like a brooks seat, add in the cost of the tanks and modding the frame and the white tires, he's not making much off them, not a bad deal for someone not able to build there own.

AMEN BROTHER can't wait to see more modified Worksman News Boy with the Drop Looped Frame for the real Period Correct Look of a Tribute Board Tracker!!!

I agree the price for the quality workmanship, and the period correct look of an original Board Track Racer, seems reasonable to me.

Crazy Horse.

Last edited by a moderator:

JTKirkland

Apr 4, 2010
Coastal Georgia
Fellows:

I'm new here, never built or operated a motorized bicycle but am interested in piecing together something along the lines of a Norton Model 9 (pictured). I would be interested in more information about getting in on a run of worksman frames that resemble the green (?... colorblind guy here) Excelsior-Henderson bike. I think I could outfit the frame to look like a street bike of the era (springer fork, fenders fore and aft, luggage rack, etc.). Any thoughts or incompatibilities that I might not be considering?

Anyhow, I was very pleased to find this forum and discover the board track 'sub-culture' that flourishes here.

Cheers!

Jefferson Kirkland

Attachments

silverbear

The Boy Who Never Grew Up
Jul 9, 2009
northeastern Minnesota
Fellows:

I'm new here, never built or operated a motorized bicycle but am interested in piecing together something along the lines of a Norton Model 9 (pictured). I would be interested in more information about getting in on a run of worksman frames that resemble the green (?... colorblind guy here) Excelsior-Henderson bike. I think I could outfit the frame to look like a street bike of the era (springer fork, fenders fore and aft, luggage rack, etc.). Any thoughts or incompatibilities that I might not be considering?

Anyhow, I was very pleased to find this forum and discover the board track 'sub-culture' that flourishes here.

Cheers!

Jefferson Kirkland
I like that Norton a lot. It would be a cool bike to use as the inspiration for a build. I'm curious about the little plunger deal on the gas tank and the two caps. I'm guessing one is for gas and the other oil, but what is the plunger deal? I like the small squared off tool compartment off the side of the rack and don't recall seeing anything like that before. Neat. Welcome to the forum!
SB

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
I like that Norton a lot. It would be a cool bike to use as the inspiration for a build. I'm curious about the little plunger deal on the gas tank and the two caps. I'm guessing one is for gas and the other oil, but what is the plunger deal? I like the small squared off tool compartment off the side of the rack and don't recall seeing anything like that before. Neat. Welcome to the forum!
SB

Welcome to the Forum JT,

From what I gather if you want to try a road style build you may want to consider the Worksman M2600 Industrial Cruiser as platform for the Norton Tribute Road Style Bike.

Here's a couple of photo's to ponder at The Worksman Tribute Harley Road Bike is built using the Worksman M2600 Industrial Cruiser with the drop Loop down tube modification, it comes stock with the straight down tube.

Note there may be another builder here in there near future who may offer, both the Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruiser & the Worksman M2600 Industrial Cruiser with the modified drop Loop frame with the Period Correct Look of the 1910 thru 1920's, which can then be Decal-ed by you as the end user with the Norton name!

The Worksman stock Industrial News Boy & M2600 Industrial Cruisers retail from Worksman for about $300.00.

Stock Worksman M2600 Industrial Cruiser

Modified Worksman M2600 Industrial Cruiser Tribute 1910 Harley Road Bike

Stock Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruiser

Modified Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruiser Tribute Excelsior-Henderson Bicycle Board Track Racer The color is actually light gray frame & dark gray on sides of gas tank on this build

Peace Crazy Horse.

JTKirkland

Apr 4, 2010
Coastal Georgia
Thanks for the input gang:

SB: I'm guessing that plunger is for priming...? I dunno, would the tank be pressurized for some reason? A friend of mine does custom leather work, I bet I could commission a tool box from him.

CH: That Harley Tribute is quite a bike! Aesthetically, I like the look of the drop frame on the Henderson style bike; it seems to mimic the lines of some of the early Brit street bikes. As far and paint and decoration, I was thinking flat green or tan with flat black, maybe stencil a star on the tank for a pseudo-military look.

Best Regards,

jtk

Farukapple

Apr 25, 2010
Florida
What if I wanted just the frame with out the paint or the wheels just the frame and the forks, how much would it be?
if with the paint and everything is 900 bucks.

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Farukapple, Welcome to motorbicycling.com forum.

Here's some information that might help you make a decision.

If you ordered your own stock Worksman Industrial News Boy Cruiser from Worksman Cycles in New York, New York the bicycle will cost you $339.00 plus shipping.

Then you'd have to send it off to a weld shop to modify it to a Drop Loop Frame, fabricate a Harley/Excelsior rectangular style gas tank or an Indian, or Cyclone, gas tank which is torpedo/cylindrical style, and fabricate a tool box. My guesstimate for modifications & fabrications
$500.00 to $800.00

The 2-stroke engine kit price's vary $100.00 and up.

So now you have everything fabricated you need it painted & setup properly, ready for you to ride another couple hundred dollars possibly.

The money you've invested already more or less $1000.00 +

If you have it done at a local welding / machine shop you'll have direct control over the work as you'll be able to inspect their work.

The other alternative is Rick Gilmore in Washington State ask him for a quote he is an amazing very distinguished and talented artist check out his art work at his website be the judge yourself www.vroomart.com This the Correct LINK NOW.

Good Luck with your decision, hope some of this info is helpful!

Peace Crazy Horse.

Last edited:

Farukapple

Apr 25, 2010
Florida
thank you but thats not what i was really asking.
i'm not saying this is a bad deal if i had 900 bucks i would get it or ask them to make it how ever it works, but maybe i'm not understanding this right.
900 bucks i get the drop loop frame fork tires gas tank and paint, but what if i wanted to do the paint myself and everything the person making the $900 replicas couldnt sell be just the drop loop frame and forks
i dont know

Last edited:

Crazy Horse

Dealer
Feb 20, 2009
USA
Subcom,

The Original Artist who first designed the Period Correct Worksman Tribute Board Track Racer's is Rick Gilmore, he is also a forum member here his screen name is cinelliphyle!

You can reach him at his website at VROOMART.COM or Private Message him here thru the forum.

His phone is Rick...
253=826-0252
[email protected]

Subcom here is a lil more information from Rick about his Period Correct Worksman Tribute Board Track Racer's: This from Rick's May 04 2010 Post

05-04-2010, 03:33 PM
cinelliphyle aka Rick

Custom Harley Davidson Track Board Bike - Should I buy it?
Just pointing out that this bike and several others attributed to other builders were build in whole or part by me.

I had another person bend the tubes and do the welding, but the plan, layout, dimensions, modifications, many of the tanks, and the details and paint in many cases were by me.

This particular bike ( The Period Correct Worksman Tribute Harley Board Track Racer owned by SeattleRider ),has a fiberglass tank that was designed to conceal a PVC functional tank but can be made to serve as a tank itself as well.

I have had very good luck with glass tanks and have a mold for the Indian/Cyclone version.

I can and will make custom tanks for others on request. Or I can pro-vice a raw version of the mold if that is what you need. These are not expensive and can be easily modified to suit variations in frame tube arrangement and length.

I have been working with a very qualified metal worker who shares my views on proper lines and general look of these machines and is ready and willing to produce one off frames.

Although they will be second to none in quality they will not be cheap, they may at some point be less expensive than now, but not until we have worked out some production details.

Pre orders and deposits will be accepted on an individual basis after discussion of details, payment method, extent of production level, etc.

Again these frames will be of the absolute best quality.

This metal worker is the best there is and will settle for only perfect product!

I will only be involved if the bikes have the look that clearly says I know what an Original Board Track Bike looks like.

Far too many people out there putting two strokes in Schwinn and Huffy cruizers with whizzer style tanks and have the nerve to suggest that they are "BoardTrackers or Board Track Replicas" !
Rick
[email protected]

Subcom, there you go all the info you need to contact the Original designer of the Period Correct Worksman Tribute Board Track Racer's!!!!

See these related Post's below just click on these Links to see Original Post:

http://motorbicycling.com/f38/history-original-board-track-racers-18232.html

http://motorbicycling.com/f38/custom-harley-davidson-track-board-bike-11480.html

http://motorbicycling.com/showthread.php?t=9782

Peace Crazy Horse.

joe joe dogface

May 25, 2010
Kansas
What about just tanks, I have an old Worksman like yours above, but all I want is a tank that will fit between the bars like the green Harley! How much for a raw unpainted tank?