Indian Tadpole

GoldenMotor.com

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Sorry to hear about your triple bypass dogcatcher. I hope everything has gone well with it and you get back to normal soon but as always I'm sure it will take it's own sweet time getting there.

I went with the turmeric/ginger tea because I thought it would be the fastest acting way to do it and like you I noticed the difference right away and it just got better as time went on.

Turmeric can be sprinkled on food as well but they recommend no more that 1/4 tea spoon at a time.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
My bones are barometric too. I will investigate the turmeric effect, this sounds promising. Oddly, I have not had the barometer arrive with age, it started when I was 9; I've always known when it was going to rain.

Ibuprofen is lethal for me, I'm one of those who develop short term memory loss with it, it's an insight into Alzheimer's for me, and it's terrifying in it's ability to wreck the ability to function.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Ludwig, I hope it helps. They recommend the ginger and turmeric together and I'll see if I can find the page where they recommend why.

I'd never heard of Ibuprofen causing memory loss but it would be a frightening experience.

Steve.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
Thanks for the heads up on turmeric. I also have adverse reaction to many types of pain medication. Rick C.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Coffee is my friend. Once a day I have a caffeine hit.

Because my blood pressure is reasonable, my doctor took me off this vasodilatory thing, Losartan, because I was getting allergic blowups from it. Anywhere, between the feet and the head. Sometimes the swelling was impressive, others, uglier than usual as the face or lips swelled. Worst was the ambulance rides for a tongue that was in danger of blocking the airway. That's definitely a bit tedious.

Anything that helps without the side effects is welcome.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Your tongue blocking your airway would most definitely would get tiresome. Horribly terrifying also comes to mind. The other side effects must have been frightening and I would imagine painful.

With me, before the cup of coffee was finished the migraine headache would have descended. I'd be blind, paralyzed, usually on my left side and unable to speak clearly with pain in my head that I can't describe other than it's like having your head crushed in a vise. I've had migraines since I was twelve but coffee is a major trigger and is responsible for the strongest ones.

The coffee caused migraines could last for 4 days but the regular ones would last 24 to 48 hours. About the time they discovered medicines that helped control them they lessened in frequency and intensity for me. Decaffeinated coffee wasn't any different.

We have many East Indian run groceries here with lot's of tea selections available. I indulge in their offerings heavily. Caffeine doesn't appear to be the trigger but I've long wondered about the oils in the bean it's self. Consuming one kind of nut at a time is OK. mix two or more and the headache starts. Again I think it's the oils.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I had an apple this morning for breakfast and my right brow ridge has come up like a Neanderthal. Salicylates, found in fruit skins, and salicylic acid from aspirins and willow bark are generally the culprits.

After the first couple of times it happened, the tongue swelling isn't frightening as I know I can get help before it's fatal.

Coffee as poison, well, it looks like some of the chemicals that plants produce started out as chemical defences, and in your case, they're working as well as salicylates are for me.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Took a while for me to realize the cause given my coffee intake was a cup every two months on average. Just figured it was a coincidence until I realized that it happened every time I drank coffee.

My old Dad always said you can get used to anything but hanging. I would have preferred that to the migraines since it would have only happened once and been a lot shorter in duration.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
I'm lactose intolerant as well. I have been so long away from milk products that when I tried some lactose free milk my wife bought me in my tea, I nearly threw up. Butter isn't supposed to cause the lactose problems, but I still get an hour's worth of visual disturbance that makes driving impossible. It's soya milk all the way for me now.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I'm lactose intolerant as well except for the strange twist that it's only milk. Any processed dairy product is fine but milk by it's self is a sure migraine. How that happened it beyond me and more than a few doctors who have said that is impossible. Oddly enough I have never met an expert who suffers from the problem themselves but they felt free to tell me about the problem.

Visual disturbance. Quite something isn't it. Impossible to explain to a non suffer but terrifying to experience yourself especially when your miles from home.

It was a pure H*** with a Mother who told me that milk was a must. Milk always tasted like it was sour and Mom always insisted that a large glass was in order at every meal. Chocolate milk doesn't cause migraines. Of course chocolate milk was on Mom's list of forbidden things which was quite long.

I would try soy milk but just looking at the glass full makes me ill. I would guess it's a return to my child hood and the violent battles with my Mother. When the migraines started she backed off when I said it caused headaches.

Soda water and tea with honey makes life roll along.

Steve.

Ludwig II

Jul 17, 2012
UK
Tragically, the allergy/intolerances include beer, which makes me feel like I've got the flu after half a pint, and throw up half the night after two pints. Fortunately "the Lord is merciful" and I still have the full range of all other holy waters.

Wool - not all, just some wools set my skin off with a rash.

Sugar in the diet, the allergic swellings are more frequent when the sugar content is high. I have been much better since I cut it right down.

Childhood memory and the order to consume something you find revolting; we had school meals and one day there was this steamed fish that stank and lay there, I swear it's true, lay there shuddering. It was revolting, and this idiot teacher tried bullying me into eating it. From that point onward, I have never been able to face any fish, so I understand the effect of just seeing milk or a substitute.

indian22

Dec 31, 2014
Oklahoma
I reluctantly enter into this discussion though I've followed from the original post with great interest. I also deal with various dietary issues which when violated result in severe symptomatic issues. I often accuse myself of hipochondria and usually refrain from mentioning any lest I be convicted of the same in the court of social opinion. I'll mention only one, gluten intolerance, the symptoms of which can mimic many of those already posted. I'm not suggesting that any of your symtoms are related to Celiac disease, though some of mine are. If you have not recieved symptomatic relief from your current course of treatment you might benefit from testing or just completely eliminating the various grain products from your diet.

I suffered symptoms for more than thirty years, undiagnosed...worse still they were misdiagnosed and I was prescribed diets that were gluten based. Steve I don't blame my arthritis and ocular migranes to gluten intolerance, though I've experienced fewer and somewhat less severe symptomatic episodes since totally abstaining from food and drink containing gluten...Ludwig that also includes beer as well. Hope this might help someone on the road to improved health and the ability to lead a fuller life, symptom free. Rick C.

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
I was tested for Celiac Disease Rick and thankfully passed as not being effected. Thank you for the suggestion. I didn't realize at the time just hope many health problems that Celiac Disease could trigger. My nephews girlfriend has to have a gluten free diet as well as eggs and dairy products.

A fellow who's travel blog I follow has a corn allergy so severe that he has to make sure any meat he eats hasn't been fed corn. He was told recently that he is now Celiac as well.

I feel sorry for anyone suffering from Celiac. Not so much for the things that a person can't eat since there are many options but that you have to trust that the packaging is accurate and the facilities where they produced the product was are indeed gluten free.

The migraines are inherited and over the years have mercifully diminished and the arthritis is in part from a gloriously misspent youth, car accident and an overload of antibiotics used to stop the staph infection in my leg. It seems that 9-1/2 months of the strongest antibiotic they had at their disposal destroyed all my joints. Such goes life. If it hadn't worked I was told that I would be Fast "Peg Leg." Eddy.

If we get a break in the weather which doesn't seem likely for a couple of months I'll get back at the tri car. I think until then I'll mess with a sidecar build. I have assembled most of the materials needed and it's just a matter of cleaning up the shop and picking the style of sidecar. Perhaps an adult sized mahogany Chris Craft or an Indian style build.

Rat's. If I do that then I'll be pressed into hooking it up to a Sportsman Flyer package with a 212cc. Oh well, one does what they must. Twirls mustache with a sly smile ala Snidely Whiplash as he ties Little Nell to the rail road tracks.

Steve.

Last edited:

fasteddy

Feb 13, 2009
British Columbia Canada
Quivering cooked fish? That would put a fella off fish for life indeed Ludwig.

My sister in laws mother was Norwegian and knew a bit about fish. When she was at a University they served fish and she refused to eat it. The Nuns told her it was eat it or do without and wash windows the next day. She took great pleasure in telling the story since she was the only person on their feet the next day and she was washing windows as well.
She said if fish smells like fish it's not safe to eat.

If I have to sweeten something it's usually with honey or another more natural sweetener. My niece has an allergy to sugar but isn't diabetic, just allergic.

Steve.