New OCC Chopper paint!

GoldenMotor.com

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
you forgot to paint the wheels, even though you did get the spark-plug rotfl
the webbing looks good, but don't over do it.
LoL, yeah I did get the plug LoL. Umm back wheel is done actually. I don't know if I'm gonna do the front one though. I'll decide once everything is together. I did already learn that lesson about the webbing though. This is really my first paint job on something besides a RC car, so I definately have some lessons to learn. I like how it is turning out so far though.

matt167

May 20, 2009
usa
looks good.. just be sure to keep it out of the sun for 2 months, and then wax it good after 2 months, and then try to still keep it out of the sun.. Acrylic lacquer fades really easily and it's not very durable.. easy to make shine deep tho

Don't wax it right away or you'll end up ruining it.

if you do another, I'd reccomend using candy transparent colors to get the effect you want.. in a BC/CC urethane..

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
looks good.. just be sure to keep it out of the sun for 2 months, and then wax it good after 2 months, and then try to still keep it out of the sun.. Acrylic lacquer fades really easily and it's not very durable.. easy to make shine deep tho

Don't wax it right away or you'll end up ruining it.

if you do another, I'd reccomend using candy transparent colors to get the effect you want.. in a BC/CC urethane..
Hey thanks a lot for the info Matt, I appreciatte the input, from both of you guys. Thanks for checking out the Pics.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Yeah I should be posting new pics in less than 5 hours, if all goes well. I just have to run my electronics and my cables right now, damn I wish I wasn't at work.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I still need to strip and paint them just put them on for you to see the setup. Next is custom fenders. Any suggestions? I want a kinda fatty chopped harley look with longer fenders than came stock with the OCC bike. I will ride rain sleet or snow but I dont want a brown stripe up my back. I intend to incorporate my own custom LED tail light with turn sigs, running lights and brake indicators. Also anyone here know of a good voltage regulator to charge a battery?

Decedent

May 15, 2009
Calif.
That's a sweet ride man. I wanted to know how well that derailer works for a tensioner and if you had to modify the chain or use a longer one than the one supplied with the kit?

leftywoody

Aug 23, 2008
Lagrange Indiana
.bf.The front brake mod . Did you drill into the forks and tap them or was the mounts already there? could you give details on the front brakes and the mounting of the idler pulley ? I have a future build that will be on an occ if i can get my grandson to stay off of it . thanx John

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
Ok so first of all, the derailer Mod work amazingly granted it took me a run or two to figure it out, at this point I have had no issues and I've probably got 60 miles on it since then. Umm the front brakes, no I did not have to drill or tap anything. There are two post holes on each fork (its for the front fender) I simply used a bolt that was just barely small enough to go through the hole and used epoxy on the nut I used on the other side (the epoxy I used was locktite and it was specially designed for abuse and vibration). The brake arms them selfs are off of my Honda Racing 18spd (I have rode that bike very hard and it is now just used for parts) They are supposed to slide onto a post welded on the frame, which is what my bolt assembly emulates. One con is that the spring mechanism will not work this way. I have since fixed that by adding a spring to the brake cable itself. And the chain is one I ordered seperately but I beleive it was the same length as the original one that comes with the kit.

Last edited:

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
.bf.The front brake mod . Did you drill into the forks and tap them or was the mounts already there? could you give details on the front brakes and the mounting of the idler pulley ? I have a future build that will be on an occ if i can get my grandson to stay off of it . thanx John
The idler is just a derialeur fliped backwards. It mounts to the seat mount bolt. The outer plate was removed, and I bent the other plate to keep the top end of the plate from touching chain. Their is a bolt through there but there is a trick to keep it straight without the second plate. You have to drill out the hole where the smaller stock bolt goes in, when you drill it out do not go all the way through. Leave enough metal (about as thick as a standard thread maybe a little thicker) on the back side so when you put your new bolt in it catches the "thread" then put a nut on the backside. then do not let the bolt turn and tighten the nut (which I already have epoxy on) until it is tight. Obviously your sprocket or idler needs to be in place before you use the epoxy but If you need any more tips or if I sucked at instructing you just let me know what you need me to clarify.

TerrontheSnake

Jun 1, 2009
Oregon
I might paint my occ, did u sand the paint off till it was bare metal? What did u use to sand it? thanks.
I used a heavy duty paint stripper, be very careful with that stuff if it gets on you it will burn the heck out of you. I accidentaly got a little on my finger where the little hairs come out on the back and hollered pretty loud almost instantly.

eomonkeyboi24

Jun 28, 2009
Minnesota
I used a heavy duty paint stripper, be very careful with that stuff if it gets on you it will burn the heck out of you. I accidentaly got a little on my finger where the little hairs come out on the back and hollered pretty loud almost instantly.
okie dokie, Thanks. Yea I was thinking about using paint stripper myself, does the paint come off pretty easily?