Hi from Seattle!

GoldenMotor.com

SeattleMike

Mar 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
Hello, I just ordered both a 50cc and 80cc kit from ebay, and am really exited about fixing the 80cc on my Gary Fisher Hoo Koo E Koo.

I live in the city and have been commuting to school regularly but have to pay for parking every time. I thought the bike would be great to solve the parking problem, and maybe it would help out our atmosphere a bit in the process! I'm always looking for ways I can leave less of a carbon footprint.

I would have been commuting with my bike already but I had knee surgery last year and am not fully rehabbed yet, so Im thinking the gas motor kit might be a perfect solution. Also, I'm more likely to bike around town everyday instead of drive even when my knee works fine if there's a motor to help me up a big hill.

I live in Seattle WA, and if anyone in the area has a bike club or wants to get together and do motorbike stuff let me know!
I'll post pictures as soon as I start working on the thing. Hopefully this week-

~Mike

paul

Dec 23, 2007
Kalamazoo, MI
hi mike and welcome. we look forward to seeing your build. bicycle are a wonderful thing and loads of fun. you ad a motor and its a whole new experience. kinda hard to explaine but you will know what i mean when you first fire it up and go for a ride. glad to have you with us and any questions please ask and we will help the best we can :ride2:

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Mike - I live in Duvall. There are a couple of us nuts around....but we don't bump into each other much. I really don't get to Seattle proper much anymore. Let me know if you are on the East side!

WELCOME!!!

SeattleMike

Mar 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
Thanks for the warm welcome guys-
Hey Pablo, I used to go out to Duvall everyday. I had a girlfriend that went to Cedercrest back when I was in high school myself. I used to live in Fall City, and still go out there on occasion. Do you know much about the motorized bicycle laws here in the state?

SeattleMike

Mar 17, 2008
Seattle, WA
I have another question for you guys, hopefully you have some info. My Gary Fisher mountain bike (Hoo Koo E Koo, I think its a '99) has the kind of gear shifters that are on the handles, you twist the handles in order to change gears- do you guys know what I'm talking about? I would post a picture of it but my digital camera broke.
I'm concerned that the throttle handle would replace my gear shift handle. Is this going to be a problem when I install my 80cc kit?

Pablo

Master Bike Builder & Forum Sponsor
Dec 28, 2007
Duvall, WA PNW
www.sickbikeparts.com
Thanks for the warm welcome guys-
Hey Pablo, I used to go out to Duvall everyday. I had a girlfriend that went to Cedercrest back when I was in high school myself. I used to live in Fall City, and still go out there on occasion. Do you know much about the motorized bicycle laws here in the state?

Too cool. I use a modicum of ignorance with the laws in this state and have zipped right by some cops so far with no issues (but they had windows up).....what I've seen they are city by city. Most are 50 cc/under 20 mph, not a motorcycle types....

RedB66

Dec 28, 2007
Sunshine State
Welcome to the Forum. If you are talking about the twist grips I had them on my first bike. I just moved the changer to the center of the handlebars. Mine were a two-part grip with the actual changer and a small grip to make a full handle. I removed the small part and after mounting my throttle grip, moved the changer as close to the throttle.

Norman

LORD VADER Moderator
Jan 16, 2008
pampa texas
Weclome to the forum. I think Bed got you covered on the shifters I can post a picture of the schwinn with those kind of shifters if you want me to. But I'll have to take a picture first. They will not cause a problem if the bars are long enough to fit all parts on. I'll get you a picture soon. PM me if I forget.
Norman

Don206

Jul 17, 2009
seattle
who knows where to get a dipper conecting rod for a huesang 49cc 4 stroke ---its the thing that makes oil slash around mine broke, i tore down motor and thats all i found wrong,

LAguyyy

Super Skilled Master Newb
Feb 25, 2013
Honolulu, hi
Welcome, I just came from there and now stationed in hawaii (navy). Stick to that 66cc, good luck on those hills!