what did you do to your motorized bicycle today?

GoldenMotor.com

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.
Re: what did you do to your motor bike today?

I'm not using the white wire... you had already advised me against it

But one or both of the wires were touching the socket I had the switch sitting in. Electrical tape fixed it.
VIKTR, sorry bro. Yer right, we already talked about this. I read and answer so many posts on two sites that sometimes I lose track. The reason I thought it was a white wire issue is the only way to get a shock is to ground a wire to the frame, and thats how the factory recommends doing it.
(stuupit faktory.)
fatdaddy.

xcspirit

Oct 20, 2012
Logan Ut

replaced gaskets. which stopped the oil leak at the exhaust. and bought a red light for the back

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Replaced a crank that blew the bottom con-rod bearing(of course, only bearing not easily fixed, doh!). Crank bearings were locked onto that crank and came out of the case with it(no decent puller yet). Soo, dug out an old case for bearing harvest... Swap bearings from 49 case to 66 after freezing bearings/heating case in oven, reassembled.

And all with only one decent blood blister :p Good day :)

VIKTR

Jan 10, 2012
San Diego

VIKTR, sorry bro. Yer right, we already talked about this. I read and answer so many posts on two sites that sometimes I lose track. The reason I thought it was a white wire issue is the only way to get a shock is to ground a wire to the frame, and thats how the factory recommends doing it.
(stuupit faktory.)
fatdaddy.
No worries

Cleaned the carb, shortened the throttle cable

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

replaced gaskets. which stopped the oil leak at the exhaust. and bought a red light for the back
Not really an "oil leak" Just a dirty old 2 stroke doing what it does best, Throwing oil everywhere. What is your mix ratio? If it's a LOT of oil on yer cylinder you might be running it too heavy. If it's a new engine then thats fine. Anyway, just wondering how much oil yer using per gallon.
fatdaddy.

lksdG2

Sep 30, 2012
san diego

swapped my mountain bike forks w/disk brake and shocks along with the handlebars on it, completely changed the look and feel as well as the riding experience. stopping is amazing and the steering will take a little getting used to but so far i like it...

couldnt find the motivation to swap out the rear white wall for a all black tire, but i will eventually

dracothered

Jul 25, 2012
Howell, MI.

I changed up the the seat position from this...

To this...

On what was my dad's 58' Schwinn Wasp.

The Huffy is not in the build mix right now because I want to build up my dad's old bike in honor of his passing. So now I am switching all the Huffy parts to the Schwinn Wasp. Take a look at the link below for the build progress. Still not sure if I want to repaint it or just go with the rat rod look.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

swapped my mountain bike forks w/disk brake and shocks along with the handlebars on it, completely changed the look and feel as well as the riding experience. stopping is amazing and the steering will take a little getting used to but so far i like it...

couldnt find the motivation to swap out the rear white wall for a all black tire, but i will eventually
Looks great IKsd, Bet it rides better too. Thats kinda what I wanted to do to mine but shocked forks are harder to find in 1". 1 1/8" all day long. I'll eventually find what I'm looking for at a price I can afford then I'll have mine set up like yours. Good work, great bike.
fatdaddy.

bigbutterbean

Jan 31, 2011
Lebanon, PA

Well, Hurricane Sandy blew my cover off my bike and broke the mounting tab off one of my side safety lights (thank you, Sandy). So I took the bike down to the basement, where it will stay until the storm passes. I superglued the light back to its mounting hardware, changed the batteries in my tail light, and moved my mirror a little bit because I didnt like where it was mounted. One day this week, I will also be adjusting the tension on my clutch spring.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

WELL, wrecked it, AGAIN. (I don't want to talk about it.:-||) except to say I have some more work to do. I was supposed to go riding with Ocho Ninja on Thursday. Gonna try to get it fixed in time. I'll get back later with a post on what I had to do to get it back on the road.
fatdaddy.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

I'm OK everybody, all except for my pride. What little of it I had left from my first wreck got left on the road this time for sure.
I stayed the night at my girlfriends apartment and locked my bike up outside. She is blind and lives in a secured facility. A LOT of other types live there also because they can't be left on their own without some supervision. WELL. my gooseneck stem was tight when I rode it there. I took 2 pedals, popped the clutch and the front wheel went one way, my handlebars went the other way and I went another direction, AGAIN. I KNOW one of the mentally challenged persons there had to loosen it, (Hey, WATCH THIS, IT'S GONNA BE FUNNY.)laff
Like I said, it wasn't loose when I rode it there. Now I need to replace a cracked neck, a broken windscreen and straighten out my turn signal brackets and a few other things.
From now on it goes in the apartment, gas smell or not.
fatdaddy.:-||

NunyaBidness

Jun 29, 2008
memphis tn

From now on it goes in the apartment, gas smell or not.
fatdaddy.:-||
Glad you're ok. Wounded pride heals in time. lol

I have always stored my gas bike in the house. I would turn the petcock valve off and run the carb dry when I was arriving at my home and that really helped with the smell of gas in the house.

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

No problem when I'm home nunya, I have a garage that I turned into my shop. No cars, lawn mowers or yard tools there, just a lot of motorized stuff, tools and a few bikes.
Now where my girl lives, there are SUPPOSED to be security guards walking around. It's maintained by state and federal grants, So I KNOW there are laws about storing gas in the apartments, in a tank or otherwise. But like I said, I'm taking it inside from now on anyway untill they say something about it.
Thanks for the tip on draining the carb,(or letting it run dry,) That should help a lot.
fatdaddy..duh.
P.S. Perhaps I should change my name to Crashdaddy.

Last edited:

rob.smith

Oct 1, 2011
sd

couldnt get my new wrist pin bushing in so i took an old needle bearing that i had and removed three of the needles evenly spaced and it fit perfectly. bike has been running for 3 days now with no problems. has anyone else tried this? and should i expect it to fail soon?

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON

Glad your okay, sucks wiping out at any speed. Better start doing a 10 point walk-around inspection every ride with your luck, heh heh.

Another thing that would work for smell is wrap a bag around the carb and twist-tie it so it seals as best you can. Remember your air filter has gas on it too. You could do the same thing over the gas cap, vent = reek. Don't forget a rag for the exhaust drip :p

fatdaddy

May 4, 2011
San Jose, Ca.

Thanks Killer, I think I'm getting a little too old to keep falling down like that. Maybe a 20 or 30 point inspection.
The plastic bags are a GREAT idea.

And Rob, I never use bushings ANYWHERE in my engines. They don't "spin" properly and take the beating all in one spot. I've never heard of anyone modifying a bearing that way. It'll work till it don't, But that goes for any part. Get back to us in a month or so and let us know how it worked out.
fatdaddy. AKA Crashdaddy.