felt guilty I been holding out on 1 build

GoldenMotor.com

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Hey guys I been real busy at work an things have let up a bit , had some time here an there to drop in , an felt a bit guilty for not sharing the build of my first customers trike so .... Heres a few pics of it in paint . I think he will be very pleased next time he drops in to check progress. its ice blue an white with blue pearl an deep blue pinstripes.

Attachments

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
Thanks I was afraid that the colors of this one was not going to look so good , probly post up some pics later of it mostly assembled

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Another quality build.
We're always looking forward to what comes out of your shop, Gary.
Post some photos of this one as soon as you can. Thanks for sharing.

Tom

Last edited:

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
thanks again guys , sittin here gigglin a bit , Tim ..ah er ... Tom .... lol
Here it is almost ready for delivery still have to build the bed an dashboard , probably going to make those from oak boards or at least stain them with oak if those are too dark it will throw off the whole look of the trike . I will put up final shots soon before he picks it up .
Gary

Attachments

Last edited:

2door

Staff member
Sep 15, 2008
Littleton, Colorado
Yeah, yeah, yeah, just what I expected...another work of art. Big deal.
When are you gonna build something Really Neat? :)

Tom

Last edited:

darkhawk22

Aug 17, 2010
Acworth, GA
That's a great gas tank! That's exactly the style I've been thinking someone could produce for the cantilever style frames. An inline tank on the cantilever frames looks good but doesn't hold very much fuel. Your tank is a great solution! Great build!

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
WOW hard to impress this crowd , lol.
how bout twin turbo china girl with a shaft drive an air bags ? hehehehe !OR a water cooled volvo v4 cyl in a worksman frame it could be the boss hoss of motorized bicycles !.

@ darkhawk if I can find a way to make those tanks easier I would mass produce them . but as it is now rollin them out on my wheel an all the hammer an dolly work makes that tank the hardest I have ever built . one thing for sure is their capacity, of the 2 sets I have made their capacity is right at 1 1/2 galons .
Gary

Sep 4, 2009
Texas
Dad gummit Gnu ya done and went and made me drool all over my keyboard! That is just a way cool lookin build.

I been lookin thru CL in many cities for a worksman bike and the only thing that comes up is 3 wheelers otherwise from what I'm told you have to wait 3 or more weeks to buy a new worksman. My ship ain't come in but when it does I'm reconsidering the 3 wheel setup now. Be easy to pull a trailer behind that thing. How smooth is the ride?

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
AWW SSSHH, WOW George the trikes are SSMMMOOOOOOTTHHHH... now go get a towel an wipe off your keyboard .
Bill I wasnt sure about those colors thank god I have a mixing station in house to play with .
gonna finish the wiring an dashboard tomorrow should be able to give it its first run in the evening , then off for a short debug ride or two then hopefully deliver it on monday if I dont run off with it I am really digging this one .
Gary

Tinsmith

May 15, 2009
Maryland
Very nice Gary. Are you gonna make the rally in Lebanon next weekend? I would like to look at one of your trikes so I can steal all the good ideas.

Dan

thegnu

Sep 15, 2011
freedom pa
I wish I could Dan , an I would be happy to let you steal the good an bad ideas on any one of my bikes , we had one hella hail storm couple weeks ago an insurance companies are busting my back to get claims repaired , I am just glad I am not doing paintless repairs those guys are going crazy going from houses to shops all day ... AHHHH the life of a bodyman , makes me wish I was still wrenching sometimes .
Gary