Finally finished (for now)

GoldenMotor.com

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
After a few weeks of tinkering with the bike, and after a helpful hand from Rolo (Harris), the bike is ready.
I got the bike from a little unknown store, it's called (excuse the spelling if I'm wrong), Wal-Mart. I talked the salesman down to 104 dollars. I called Piston bikes, got a 66cc kit, new saddle, springer fork, front brakes, and an adjustable center stand. It runs very very good, specially for this being the the brake-in period.
I'm very happy with how it turned out. I can't wait to ride it around this neighborhood. It usually doesn't have that many cars, it's a football day, though, so there are many people here....

Hope you guys enjoy

Here's the BEFORE

And here the AFTER!!!

and a quick video or two
starting the bike

bike running walkaround - YouTube

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
NO, mountain dew is a pepsi product. The reason I said pepsi is my son works as a merchandiser for them . I don't drink either, not my cup of tea.

BADBOOH

Apr 3, 2010
San Diego CA,
As you know I am not a cranbrook fan (nor do I drink Pepsi, Coca Cola all the way), but the bike came out real nice I like the inverted handle bars! Now you ask for opinions, I personally would route my cables a little neater. Like I said the bike looks great and I know you will enjoy the pleasure that only riding an MB can bring! Welcome to the club.

r.ly..flg.usflg

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Don, if you want to you can shorten your clutch cable housing and cable to help get it closer to the handle bars. I bought a cable kit from w/m that came with housing ends so I could cut cables to any size.

biknut

Sep 28, 2010
Dallas
That's a real nice bike. I've been looking, without luck, for a cup holder for my bike. Where is this walmart you speak of?

tommyboy1442

Nov 25, 2009
chicago
as far as the cable goes, use a propane torch and some silver solder, melt a little solder on end of cable after housing is cut to lenght then just grind or dremmel the cable end(where you soldered) to size to fit in the throttle slide. worked for me when i needed to run braided cable housings

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Thanx for the tips, Guys. And I appreciate the complements, too.

I just got a classic 1963 Vespa Allstate, so now most of my time is going to go to that. Plus I'm Military, and I'm applying for an Officer's commission, so I've stopped touching the bike at all, until my package goes to the board on 1 October. So, until then, the bike is going to sit untouched.

Naming her, umm.... I think I'll call her my China Girl, lol.. The wife will love that.

And the cupholder came with the bike. I don't know why, I can't think of needing a drink that bad that I NEED a cupholder on the bike. But I like the way it makes the bike look. So I'm sticking with it...

scotto-

Custom 4-Stroke Bike Builder
Jun 3, 2010
Ridin' inSane Diego, CA.
Nice PJ......I would name it Panama Red due to the color of the seat ;) I'd like a pair of cup holders on my bikes....ridin makes me thirsty. Have fun and good luck on the Officer's!

dnut

Thanx for the tips, Guys. And I appreciate the complements, too.

I just got a classic 1963 Vespa Allstate, so now most of my time is going to go to that. Plus I'm Military, and I'm applying for an Officer's commission, so I've stopped touching the bike at all, until my package goes to the board on 1 October. So, until then, the bike is going to sit untouched.

Naming her, umm.... I think I'll call her my China Girl, lol.. The wife will love that.

And the cupholder came with the bike. I don't know why, I can't think of needing a drink that bad that I NEED a cupholder on the bike. But I like the way it makes the bike look. So I'm sticking with it...

donphantasmo

Oct 3, 2010
Middleburg, FL
Thanx a million guys. I did research on the PJ before I paid any money for it. I got it for a real steal, paid 104 for it. My frame is steal, for some reason, some were aluminum I guess. I constantly keep an eye out on the whole frame, bolts, nuts.. Whatever, it'll be ok. It's just a cheap first build, so I can learn.

Her name will remain the China Girl, until I get a new one. The next one will be named China Lady, lol