11 Tooth sprocket help?

GoldenMotor.com

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Hello all!

Awhile back I put my bike to rest for the time being as the part I needed was out of stock EVERYWHERE for the 4G T-belt drive 11 tooth sprocket. My sprocket busted and leaked all the ball bearings out of it, finally websites are selling the parts again fully for the T-Belt drive and such so I ordered a new 11 tooth sprocket today so I could get my bike back in gear.

BUT, I do not know how to take my current 11 tooth sprocket off of my transmission so I can change it with my new 11 tooth sprocket that should be here in a day or two. Could I possibly get help, or a guide tossed at me. Or would you all like some pictures to know exactly what I'm talking about. :)

Thank you, Andrew.

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
I did not have a gear puller :p The sprocket was already on the tranny. heh But buying a full on new tranny kit is 228 dollars as compared to the 11tooth by itself is only 10 xD Would they have them at Lowes or home depot possibly? :p

MotoMagz

Aug 2, 2010
Michigan
I did not have a gear puller :p The sprocket was already on the tranny. heh But buying a full on new tranny kit is 228 dollars as compared to the 11tooth by itself is only 10 xD Would they have them at Lowes or home depot possibly? :p
You will have to place a screw driver in one of the holes on the T Pulley.Or you can get a rag and put it between your hand and the T pulley and just hold it...watch out it is very sharp on the edges.Once you get your new 11 tooth you should get it welded up.Then it will last....other wise it will fail again.

AndrewPwrP2P

Jul 18, 2010
Las Vegas
Okay,

I removed the belt from the tranny, I took out the screws and the tranny is pretty much tooken apart all nice like :p Cleaned it off and such but I can't figure the following out.

How to get the belt drive off (The big one) The little one I removed already :p
How to remove the output drive for the sprocket. :p

ocscully

Jan 6, 2008
Orange County, CA
Here are the Exploded View Parts pages for the two different 4G Reduction drives for the Grubee site. Its really pretty simple there is a nut on the end of the output shaft, remove it and the output cog/freewheel should slide off of the keyed shaft with a bit of prodding.

ocscullym

Attachments