First build and got some probs

GoldenMotor.com

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
Ok, I bought a chinna motor off ebay and this is what my probs were, I had to drill into the frame twice first time motor didnt fit and the second i got it fit, so there are two holes very close to eachother, Ok now motor probs The stock spark plug does not fit i was pushing it down as hard as I could and it wouldnt stay, next prob is the chain rubs the wheel. I have smaller tires I will probably put on tommorow hope that fixes it, And my clutch cable broke I need a new one can I just get a diff cable from the store?
and I was very confused on how the clutch cable fits and works is there supposed to be resistance at the long arm because mine had no resistance at all it was very loose, And last prob is The tire wont turn when I try to pedal I really need some help, Im going with my dad to his shop again tommorow please help asap!:-||

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
I forgot to tell you to screw off the small brass sleeve on the plug, these kit boots go on the threads.

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
Remove the spark plug and try to roll the bike, if with the clutch pulled in the motor turns the clutch needs further adjustments.

killercanuck

Dec 17, 2009
Wallaceburg ON
sounds like you need more tension in your clutch cable -so it releases more. There's an adjuster you can thread out. If its all the way out, turn it all the way in then re-adjust your brass locking nib in a few mm's. That should get it to release more so you can pedal with the clutch pulled in.

gl.

clashed13

Aug 30, 2011
Michigan
Ok i Got it working after two days, problem was inside the clutch the flower pedal was on to hard then we loosened it some it works good,but the chain keeps coming loose and it sounds like the chain is going to pop off but it doesnt how do i keep it on there straight and make it so chain doesnt get loose, And when i rev it all the way it just gets really loud and doesnt go that much faster, pls help im enjoying it very much I put 16:1 in and was wondering when to go higher in gas and less oil. And can someone tell me how to break it in prpperlly?

Greg58

May 1, 2011
Newnan,Georgia
16/1 is rich 24/1 is plenty of oil for break-in, make sure your chain tensioner is tight. These sprockets have to "wear in" since they are fairly crudely made, just try to keep an eye on it till it breaks in. It is very rare to not have some kind of chain or sprocket issues on a new build unless you have built a few.